View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #40630
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
A UK promotion with a TV deal, 5 Star Wrestling, went under this week. They'd booked some large arenas and seemed to mainly be trying to push former WWE stars which I doubt were cheap so think they may have been over ambitious.
Pro Wrestling UK Ltd. were running the 5 Star Wrestling events but it was shut down for some reason, leaving 5 Star Wrestling no option but to fold.

They did focus a lot on former WWE talent, but Zack Gibson did get a pretty good push during the company's run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis View Post
5 Star were absolutely clueless and made some absolutely apprehensible decisions. The ridiculous 128 man tournament, falsely claiming to have booked CM Punk for 1 million per appearance, cancelling all their shows everywhere "because of the Manchester bombing", booking guys and then telling them they don't actually want to use them when they get to the arena. Shitty company all round.
They never claimed to have booked CM Punk. They made an offer to him for £1m, which to be fair, was most likely a publicity stunt.

Also, what's your source on them saying they canceled their shows because of what happened in Manchester? I had been following them since day one and this is the first I've heard of Manchester being the reason for the cancellations.

I always thought it was because some big names like Mysterio and Carlito couldn't make the original dates but to my knowledge, 5 Star Wrestling never actually explained why the dates were canceled and moved.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote