View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #40632
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
Pro Wrestling UK Ltd. were running the 5 Star Wrestling events but it was shut down for some reason, leaving 5 Star Wrestling no option but to fold.

They did focus a lot on former WWE talent, but Zack Gibson did get a pretty good push during the company's run.

They never claimed to have booked CM Punk. They made an offer to him for £1m, which to be fair, was most likely a publicity stunt.

Also, what's your source on them saying they canceled their shows because of what happened in Manchester? I had been following them since day one and this is the first I've heard of Manchester being the reason for the cancellations.

I always thought it was because some big names like Mysterio and Carlito couldn't make the original dates but to my knowledge, 5 Star Wrestling never actually explained why the dates were canceled and moved.
They posted a statement on their website (which no longer exists outside of a front page) and emailed all the talent very close to the date cancelling the entire tour of bookings and citing that reason. Not even sure if any of the shows were even supposed to be in Manchester. In reality they didn't sell enough tickets to cover the huge losses they were taking. Lots of UK guys were very open / pissed off about it on twitter.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote