View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 11:41 PM   #42
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slik View Post

It's one watermark away from being a resurrection of GTV. Honestly, this looks kinda creepy. Almost like somebody was filming the chick without her knowledge, and then CM Punk just showed up, so that became the story which provided the perfect alibi for the potential stalking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post
This means multiple “World champions” again too

When given the choice between having anything mean anything and not doing that, WWE has again gone for option two.
I understand that "armchair booking" always seems better in your head, but I personally feel like my idea of having a triple threat with Roman, Sami, and Cody where then end up in a perdicament where both Sami and Cody pinned Roman at the same time in a heap would have solved this months ago. You have two guys who beat Roman when they were both white hot, then have "deliberation" and then use whatever current version of Jack Tunney they want to use (Pierce, Hunter, Regal... wait, he can't appear on TV for awhile, not him) to give the obvious decision to resplit the unified titles just in time for the draft that they'll eventually start ignoring again after Survivor Series.

To the larger issue of the brand split and multiple champions, though: I've always been of the mind that if WWE is going to do this, they need to do it. What I mean is, I know that I'm in the minority who actually likes what this is supposed to be doing on paper, it'll only work if WWE stays consistent with it... and they never do.

It was supposed to be helping more guys get over, but constantly devolves into "top half of the card guys on both shows" until they decide to "shake things up" by temporarily making people "exclusive". It's a variation of the Smackdown Six era problem where the supposed flagship show RAW got boring and predictable and Heyman was making guys over on Smackdown... just for RAW to answer by plucking the over talent instead of trying harder or doing something different.

So, if you're going to put both belts on one guy, combine them. If you insist on having two champions, quit going back to unification matches with no idea how to get out if it again.

Hell, it could be as simple as making a rule that one guy can't hold the championship for both shows. Boom, done. Eliminates the unifications, and if they insist on having one guy win both belts for a "moment", he has to relinquish the other like the result of Hogan/Warrior, but with two world titles.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote