View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:49 AM   #572
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavant View Post
I wouldnt care at all, but I think it would become a HUGE thing if they had Fin and Ren end up hooking up. I mean like political/social thing. As a matter of fact I hope they do actually do it, but Im betting they chicken out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Look up Firefly. Flash. Etc.

Interracial love is old. Particularly in scifi.
But that wasn't Star Wars. Remember the collective internet bricks shat about Finn being *gasp* a black stormtrooper? Him also becoming Othello has the potential to cause heads to a'splode, no matter how "progressive" we have gotten with our fantasy. I'd like it to not be a big deal, either, but again, this is Star Wars. EVERYTHING will be made a big deal of.

And Firefly is kinda unfair... any straight man with any sense would want to spend some adult time with Zoe no matter how racist you think you might be. Also, funny, considering how closed minded Wash was to the idea of an actual psychic, dismissing thwt as science fiction. ("We live in a spaceship, dear.") Not as progressive as you'd assume.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote