View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 04:27 AM   #574
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
But that wasn't Star Wars. Remember the collective internet bricks shat about Finn being *gasp* a black stormtrooper? Him also becoming Othello has the potential to cause heads to a'splode, no matter how "progressive" we have gotten with our fantasy. I'd like it to not be a big deal, either, but again, this is Star Wars. EVERYTHING will be made a big deal of.

And Firefly is kinda unfair... any straight man with any sense would want to spend some adult time with Zoe no matter how racist you think you might be. Also, funny, considering how closed minded Wash was to the idea of an actual psychic, dismissing thwt as science fiction. ("We live in a spaceship, dear.") Not as progressive as you'd assume.
The only people who complained about Finn being a black stormtrooper were the internet basement-dwellers. The vast majority of people didn't give two shits. Remember how the internet exploded when Johnny Storm was made black? Yeah, not one person I knew IRL cared or even noticed. We all spend a lot of time in a forum, but we often forget that the majority of people do not. Hell, most of the people watching Star Wars are "casuals" these days, and "casuals" don't tend to have the polarizing opinions that "hardcore" fans do. Besides when has internet fanboy rage ever stopped something in Hollywood? I doubt Hollywood cares or even knows those whiners exist.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote