View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #739
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
What would WWE realistically do with the Hardys?
Jeff Hardy has got a lot of value. If he was willing to go clean and give up the drugs for a bit of a sustained run in the WWE, I have no doubt he'd get a main event push. There's just no one that touches him in the charisma department. I could very easily see him winning a Royal Rumble and headlining WrestleMania.

Matt Hardy would be filler on his own. I think it would be better to bring back Jeff and leave Matt to do his shtick on the indies, but given how they are all about bulk, bulk, bulk and more is better, Matt would probably get signed if he wanted to and would probably make a pretty decent mid-card babyface for heels on the rise to kick the shit out of. They'd probably try to turn him heel out of jealousy for Jeff one more time and he'd get a failed run near the top because he actually can't talk well, and the sort of push Matt needs, contrary to Jeff, is one that requires him to be able to explain his motivations.

As a tag team they'd move a ton of merchandise and be an exciting act for a while. Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho vs. The Hardy Boyz would be a WrestleMania worthy match. They'd probably put out a DVD on their life and times. I do think that there is more money and fun in Jeff Hardy singles star, provided that he is in the frame of mind to be reliable -- but they are running out of part-timers to come and have short burst runs that get more over than the full-time stuff, so Jeff could be one of those.

Something more optimistic for Matt is that I could see him doing something more along the lines of his Broken Matt shtick in NXT, since it's the Hunter project and the WWE doesn't seem to mind it being a money pit in order to keep those Network subscribers high. Matt's a veteran talent who does have something to offer, and I could very easily see a serious Kassius Ohno vs. goofy Matt feud over the NXT Title. The NXT fanbase -- the hardcores -- would eat that shit right up.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote