View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #12724
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Election - 3/4

I tried to watch this with my parents over dinner but it got real smutty real fast.
I finished it at home, it was classic Alexander Payne with the naturally bizarre side of human relationships. You can tell Payne is much more emotionally intelligent than a Wes Anderson or a David O Russell because the weirdness just feels right in his films. It's not a gimmick, more of a portioning out of the extremes of human behaviour along with the more standard beats.

Good performance by Chris Klein in this. He was pretty perfect actually.

I wouldn't say this was as entertaining as About Schmidt, Sideways, The Descendants or Nebraska but it shares a lot of the style. All of his films have a closeness or a sort of comfortable confinement that keeps the world small and the people in it few enough that you know them well by the end.
Seanny One Ball is online now   Reply With Quote