View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #30
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
He definitely is. He was reviewing one of the Omega/Jericho matches and made a point of saying “Omega isn’t my favorite but he definitely doesn’t suck”...only to then nitpick things he might’ve given others a pass for.

Would probably be the same with Ibushi if he ever had to review one of his matches. Working comedy matches in the past prevents him from watching one of their serious matches with a clear mind.
Don't know if I completely agree with this. Cornette's pretty good at separating people's talent from their personality. He admits Austin Aries is a great worker, but thinks he is a miserable prick. His criticisms of Omega all seem fair to me. His selling and fundamentals are pretty shit. He's tremendous at the spotty stuff, but Cornette admits that about him all the time.

He's been complimentary to Lio Rush, who he has torn apart on two separate occasions. He doesn't have much love for Enzo Amore (without knowing him), but admits that he could be an excellent heel manager.

When it comes to Ibushi, I do like him when he's against someone like Tanahashi or Okada, but when he's in there with a Will Ospreay I have to skip it. I just don't find him believable. I think that baffles some people who think of these guys as universally good, and when they get criticism it must be coming from some sort of dark and skewered place.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote