View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #48
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
That's still an awesome thing to do for someone. I don't think CM Punk was booking WWE in 2010, but I might be wrong about that. He may have suggested Joey Mercury for the group, but I think it's a bit of a projection to suggest that he helped out Mercury to have a legit slave. He could have helped out a much bigger star if he wanted that.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Punk, no one would give a fuck about who Colt Cabana is in the first place.
Punk definitely suggested Mercury for the Straight Edge Society. He was attempting to get several of his friends into the group. Cliff Compton has said he was also set to come back to the group in late 2009/early 2010. Domino would've been discovered "down on his luck" and Punk would've "saved" him and shaved his hair like the rest.

Punk also got Cabana a dark match against Wade Barrett in 2011 right as Punk was getting red hot. It didn't result in Cabana getting signed back up but Punk still did go to bat for him. I'm a big fan of Colt and don't know enough about this situation to know whether or not the lawsuit is fair, but it's not like Punk was always a cock to him. Sad situation.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote