View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #54
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
People can still believe jokes are unfunny and in bad taste and still be in favour of freedom of speech, right?

You have the right to say anything, but the consequences of that, how people see you and the impression you give, is out of your control.

I think it’s a really sad situation and it’s a horrible story to see unfold. I also think the jokes in the thread were terribly unfunny and unnecessary. At the same time, you have every right to make them.
I'm not a big fan of those kinds of dark jokes. But I recall an episode of home improvement when jill's dad (aka the kid's grandpa) dies, and Randy is making "tasteless" jokes. It's just how people deal with mortality, and it's not like any of us know Shad in a way that should make us legitimately upset by some silliness.

Just feel the preachiness high-horse stuff isn't necessary.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote