View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:59 PM   #3404
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
With TES it is def kind of the same issue. I never really played Morrowind so I can't gauge what it was like, but I feel like Oblivion hit the RPG sweet spot a hell of a lot better than Skyrim did.

In Oblivion I felt like my skills and stats mattered a hell of a lot more and combat was more....I dunno how to put it, pressing maybe? Felt like I had to think out my strategy more and prepare appropriately or I was going to get crushed. In Skyrim I felt like I was playing a first person action game; my stats mattered a little bit, more so with things like sneaking and lockpicking, but when it came to combat I could get by any encounter with appropriate movement and timing on parries and attacks.

TBH I feel like TESO feels superior as an RPG to Skyrim in nearly everyway. Not superior as a game overall, but definitely as an RPG.
If you liked Oblivion, you'd LOVE Morrowind. If you have an XBOX 360 and can find a used copy of Morrowind on the cheap, I highly recommend picking it up. The only minor issues would be you might have to download a patch on 360 if you don't have an original XBOX, to allow it to be played as a backward compatible game, and also there's a bug in the game that literally due to one line of code left out, your game could randomly crash with a bogus error saying your disc may be dirty or damaged and to press A to retry, but it's patched with a solution that creates a backup save from immediately before the game crashed.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote