View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:10 PM   #3455
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So I decided I need a break from heavy gaming and downloaded a few little titles to toy around with.

Yoku's Island Express is super fun. It's like Metroid combined with pinball. I realize that sounds weird but that is exactly what it is. You are a dung beetle rolling your ball around the world, doing quests for other island inhabitants and searching for powerups. Navigation is done by rolling around the world and engaging a massive number of pinball flippers that are everywhere in the environment. Some are just a flipper here or there, other areas have fairly complex puzzles involving tons of them. There are also pinball boss fights. It does have a pretty light hearted story component to fuel your adventure, and it does enough for what it is. Pretty fun game, really liked it and was kind of sad when I finished it. Would definitely play more of the style. It was just so charming lol.

Also got Hot Lava. Remember being a kid and pretending the floor is lava? Yeah. This is that. First person mirrors edge style parkour.....with lava. Hot lava. Straight forward game but surprisingly challenging. Still in early access but there is a pretty good amount of content already. Only 9.99 right now, and it gives you an extra copy to gift to someone through steam. Gave it to my oldest son and now I'm dad of the year (for the next week anyways until he wants something else).

Also saw this little game called Ballistic Golf, also in early access.....but it was only 2.99. 3 bucks, what the hell, I'll give it a go. Typical PC mini-golf game, little rough around the edges in terms of some framerate issues (doesn't effect your play though), but a TON of content for 3 dollars. I want to say there is like 250-ish holes so far, broken down into 9 hole courses, and they constantly add more and more for free. Theres some easy holes on the beginning courses but it ramps up in a hurry. I just played a 9 hole course that was par 157. One hole was like a par 35 LOL. You will get blindsided by some crazy traps you weren't expecting from time to time, but it's hardly upsetting most of the time. But yea, if you want a little mini golf game that you can kill a few minutes here or there with, it's a steal at the price. I can see it being my go to when I only have a little time to play something, at least for the forseeable future.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote