View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 07:09 AM   #47703
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Random question: With so much talent under contract and many of them being vocally unsatisfied with their positions and the openings to be used better, what do you think the chances are that WWE does something bizarre and drastic. Even if we’re not in the mood for even more WWE content, would it be so outlandish for WWE to announce that they are launching a third brand? Ever since the FOX deal was announced, I’ve kind of had it in the back of my mind that WWE may not be willing to give up Tuesdays.

AEW is also gaining traction. I can see Vince wanting to do his old trick of directly competing in order to block out AEW or limit their audience. When they did the Halftime Heat show recently, I think at least part of it was to gauge public interest for an NXT show. They have their Network numbers, but they keep that quiet, and it’s limited by how many possible subscribers they can reach.

With live events being quieter and all the money being in TV, and with them wanting more Network minutes, without them needing to fret about PPV buys, I’ve just been wondering about the chances of them doing something completely surreal and launching something of a semi-autonomous Tuesday brand, and actually having it be run by either Shane or Triple H, with its own production team, writing crew, agents and aesthetic, but able to use WWE trademarks and hide their specials under the safety of the Network.

Is this something that USA or FOX would care about? Would they feel it saturates their marketplace too much? Is it potentially a good idea? Is it inherently awful?

I’ve always been against WWE running any sort of “WCW One Night Stand” shows. It’s a dead brand and it never had the same “cult appeal” that an ECW had. But I read something about the WCW trademarks coming up. I doubt WWE let them go. What if Vince McMahon thought “Fuck it. I miss the days of competition and I want to give Shane something to run. I can make the XFL something, dammit, I can have my WCW the way I wanted it in 2001.”

Is it just too out of character for Vince to back a wrestling promotion he’s not going to micromanage? It was the plan at one point, and Vince loves proving that he was right all along.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote