View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #2215
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random WCW Era gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Last night's Raw held up well against the first week of the NFL season, doing 2.74 million viewers, a drop of five percent from the prior week ...

ESPN ran a doubleheader, with the New York Jets blowout of the Detroit Lions doing 10.34 million viewers against the first two hours of Raw and part of hour three, while the last 52 minutes of Raw went against a Los Angeles Rams vs. Oakland Raiders game that did 9.61 million viewers.

Raw was seventh for the night on cable, trailing only the two games and news shows. It also beat out both FOX and CW programming ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.82 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.80 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.60 million viewers
Quote:
On the 17th anniversary of her father (Michael Angel Trinidad) passing away in the 9/11 terror attacks, WWE posted a video with Zelina Vega (Thea Trinidad) being interviewed by Renee Young. Vega reflected on her memories of her father and that day. She also discussed how her father was a fan of professional wrestling and The Rock, how they bonded over wrestling, and her telling The Rock about him.

Vega wrote about her father: “Even 17 years later it’s still hard to breathe when they get close to reading his name at the #911Memorial ceremony but today and everyday I celebrate and represent for you Daddy. I’m on my way to Cajundome for #SDLive and live our dream. Thank you all for the luv #TRANQUILO”
Link: https://youtu.be/SUzbsVFrMU8 & https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/s...59228514549769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced that Global Wars UK will only be a one-night event this year, with the show being held at the Brixton Recreation Centre on October 14. Minoru Suzuki will defend his Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship against Tomohiro Ishii, and KUSHIDA will challenge for David Starr’s Cruiserweight title.

RIngside seats for the NWA’s 70th Anniversary Show are being priced at $70, with general admission tickets costing $19.48 (the year the NWA was founded). Tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. Central time this Friday. The show will take place in Nashville, Tennessee on October 21, and it’s being headlined by Cody Rhodes and Nick Aldis’ rematch for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship.

David Arquette will team with the Hurricane this Friday for Northeast Wrestling.

The second part of the Katsuyori Shibata documentary looking at his life in California has been uploaded.

World of Sport this week scored 0.5 million viewers with a 5% share, up slightly from last week.

New Japan has a Road to Destruction card in Hinagahigashi Tuesday headlined by Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Yujiro vs. Will Ospreay, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano. They have a show in Kyoto on Wednesday and Osaka on Thursday before Saturday’s big Destruction in Hiroshima card, which will stream on New Japan World.
RevPro: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1039529542484938752, Northeast Wrestling: http://www.northeastwrestling.com/ , NJPW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbO...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
CMLL and ROH are partnering to make CMLL's 85th Aniversario event available via HonorClub.

ROH announced tonight that this Friday's CMLL anniversary show will be streamed live for all HonorClub subscribers. It will also be available to watch on-demand.

The broadcast will only be shown with Spanish commentary, with it being done by CMLL's announce team. CMLL has yet to announce if the show will be broadcast anywhere other than HonorClub.
More details and event's card: https://www.f4wonline.com/mexico/cml...norclub-265566

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The talents decimated by The Author of Pains on Monday Night Raw were Wildkat Wrestling regulars Johnny Flex and Nathan Bradley.

The person attacked backstage by Braun Strowman and tossed painfully across the hallway was Wildkat Wrestling's Buku Dao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Michael Cole took to Twitter to comment on Renee Young being moved into a full-time announcing position on Monday Night Raw:

Work hard and you will be rewarded. Simple but true. Tonight will be a top 5 highlight in my 22 year career. Congrats @ReneeYoungWWE
— Michael Cole (@MichaelCole) September 10, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/MichaelCole/stat...59739035410432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
CM Punk (Phil Brooks) appeared on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on ESPN Monday to promote Ultimate Beastmasters, which was released on Netflix last month. Punk listed off the movie projects he has been working on and was non-committal on a return to mixed martial arts. He stated he would decide by the end of the year and added that it wasn’t “UFC or bust” for him, suggesting he would be open to fighting elsewhere if he wasn’t retained by the promotion.
Link with more highlights: https://www.tpww.net/2018/09/intervi...-to-wrestling/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE recently filed to trademark Walk With Elias, Adam Cole, Lars Sullivan and Danny Burch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE Hall of Famer Sting was a recent guest on Apter Chat, with Bill Apter. During the chat, Sting discussed how his character developed over the years and even shared how he came to use the 'Scorpion Deathlock'.

"I was fortunate enough in those early days, while I was still with Bill Watts, (Giant) Baba from Japan wanted me to come do a show," Sting said. "Bill sent me to Japan and there was a wrestler named Riki Choshu. He used that hold and I went 'oh, I like that' and so then the scorpion kinda popped in all at the same time and attempting to brand myself."
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/SquaredCircle
The latest edition of Dinner With the King with WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler is now online. The show was recorded in Chicago during Starrcast, and featured Lawler speaking to a live crowd. Below are some highlights.

Jerry Lawler on being associated with the word “puppies” in WWE:

The thing with the puppies, I did not coin the phrase. I was not the first one to say the phrase on WWE TV; but, because like you said I am so associated with that word puppies, most people think that way. That is probably the reason I’m not on TV anymore and I mean that seriously because they [WWE] went so politically correct. It’s not necessarily PG because they’re not PG. They’re further south than PG. They’re PC. They’re so politically correct to a fault and especially like they got so right now into – starting with the Revolution – now it’s all about empowering women and that’s a big political correct thing these days and everything, so WWE jumped right on that, so it’s about empowering women. They actually came to us and said, ‘Do not ever say that women are sexy or that they’re good looking or that they’re beautiful. You must treat them exactly like you would a male athlete. You could say that they are powerful, they’re strong, they’re athletic, all this stuff; but, nothing that would be considered sexist at all.

Lawler on slipping in “puppies” during the Raw 25th Anniversary show and Vince McMahon’s reactions:

This is like early on the show and I said, ‘JR [Jim Ross], it’s so nice to be here tonight and we’re gonna go back in time or something and I might even say puppies tonight.’ Immediately I hear [Vince McMahon] in my earphone (grunts), ‘Let’s stay away from that tonight.’ That was the last time it was ever said on there.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Paul Heyman celebrated his 53rd birthday today.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 2nd anniversary of AJ Styles first WWE Championship victory. Styles defeated Dean Ambrose for the belt at Backlash 2016.
  • PWG recently revealed the cards for this weekend's Battle of Los Angeles 2018 tournament. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...ineup.html?p=1
  • According to the Observer, WWE hasn't been unable to get both Pentagon Dark and Fenix's contracts with Lucha Underground voided via a loophole. At the moment, WWE can't sign both to deals till after the current LU season ends and can't use them on tv for another 6 months later.

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote