View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #1166
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Following the holiday season, the Wednesday Night Wars were back to their normal schedule last night -- and AEW was the clear ratings winner by a big margin.

This week's Dynamite averaged 947,000 viewers, down two percent from last week. The rating in the important 18-49 demo was a 0.36, good for sixth on the night on cable and matching last week's number in that category ...

NXT failed to finish in the top 50 for the night in the 18-49 demo for the second week in a row ...

NXT was up 32 percent in total viewers from last week's year in review episode, averaging 721,000 viewers. That was still the show's second lowest number since October 30.

In the 18-49 demo, NXT finished 55th for the night on cable with a 0.19 rating, up 27 percent from last week. The show had gotten as high as 0.3 in that demo during the Survivor Series build, so that's a huge drop.
Quote:
WWE has announced two more matches for the NXT vs. NXT UK Worlds Collide special that's taking place during Royal Rumble weekend.

NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley will officially defend her title against Toni Storm on the Worlds Collide show. The match was confirmed after an angle where Storm interrupted Ripley on last night's NXT and challenged her for Worlds Collide.

Finn Balor vs. Ilja Dragunov has also been announced for Worlds Collide.
Quote:
Juan Kachmanian, best known as Pampero Firpo, a native of Buenos Aires, Argentina who grew up to headline almost every major pro wrestling arena in the world as one of pro wrestling's top stars of the 60s and 70s, passed away this morning at the age of 89.

For the modern era, while not well known to many, Firpo was the wrestler that Randy Savage copied his interview style, from the guttural voice, the stream of conscious flow right down to the "Ooooh yeah," which were all staples of the Firpo style.
More on Firpo's legacy and career in wrestling: https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wres...ars-old-301281

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Since we have gotten a lot of questions about who books what within All Elite Wrestling, AEW President Tony Khan has been the driving force behind the creative direction for many of the top AEW Dynamite storylines. The Jon Moxley-Inner Circle recruitment angle was a Khan idea (it was his father's car that Chris Jericho offered) with Jericho working side by side with Khan to help put together small details. That angle felt very much like a WCW Nitro storyline and Khan spent a lot of time studying what made Nitro work while planning to launch AEW.

Chris Jericho is extremely engaged in every story and segment he is involved in (which obviously shows) and has been a big locker room leader in terms of pulling younger talents over to help guide and teach them and give them advice.

Khan has also been specifically working on building Jungle Boy and Scorpio Sky, among others, as long-term prospects. Sky was handpicked from the start as a future player, to the point that Chris Jericho's throwaway line in his promo backstage at All Out after winning the AEW title as he passed SCU that Scorpio Sky would never get a title shot was meant to foreshadow everything that would come down the line with Sky getting a shot on Dynamite last year.

The EVPs (Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Cody) are given a lot of freedom for their matches and segments - as they are in a position of strong trust - and there is a back and forth creative flow with Khan, but Khan is in the Vince McMahon role of having the final say

Khan is very hands on with all the Dynamite segments every week. At last night's taping, Khan was intimately involved in laying out the Jericho-Moxley segment that closed Dynamite, the ongoing Kenny Omega & Adam Page storyline as well as their tag bout with Private Party, The Best Friends vs. Jurassic Express six man tag team bout and The Rhodes Brothers vs. The Lucha Brothers. The Omega-Page storyline creative has been a Khan idea. Khan is not as involved in AEW Dark behind the scenes ...

The belief among those we've spoken to is that Colt Cabana will be back once he completes commitments elsewhere ...

That was Dr. Luther of FMW fame in the early 1990s debuting last night as a member of the Nightmare Collective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Ahead of her IMPACT World Championship match this Sunday at Hard To Kill, Tessa Blanchard joined Tommy Dreamer and David LaGreca on Busted Open Radio. Tommy asked Tessa how she will deal with the backlash if she is crowned the new IMPACT World Champion and Tessa responded with the following:

“I think I’ve talked to you [Tommy Dreamer] a little bit about it and D’Lo a little bit about it too at tapings. I feel that sometimes, I’m not oblivious to it, I’m not stupid, and I feel like no matter what happens in life, people are always gonna have something to say, and the way that I look at it is I think that no matter what you go through, whether it’s a positive, a negative, whatever it is, if you’re able to turn the way you think about it into a positive then you’ll be able to get through it, and I feel like anyone who’s put in a position that I’m in, especially going into Sunday, it’s different. People aren’t used to it. Some people might not be OK with it, ‘cause it’s not traditional, it’s not what we’ve been taught. It’s not what we’ve seen all the time. But that’s what I love about it. I love that it’s different, I love that we’re doing something that hasn’t been done before. I think it makes it special. I think it draws more attention to our company. I’m pretty good at having mental strength. I feel like I’ve got one of the strongest minds that I probably could ever have, because of my dad.”
Quote:
WWE released a one minute clip from the upcoming episode of ‘Broken Skull Sessions ‘with Glenn “Kane” Jacobs that’ll premiere after NXT U.K. TakeOver: Blackpool II. In the clip, Kane talked about the night he unmasked and not telling his wife about his haircut because he wanted to surprise her. He said it was initially supposed to be shaved bald and while he was getting his haircut, Bruce Prichard stopped the barber and wanted to bring Vince McMahon in to see the half-cut because that was a look that Bruce found interesting.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWpLrGeJzg

Quote:
Per a report from WrestlingINC, there is interest in Major League Wrestling from Showtime premium television network.
Quote:
SoCal Uncensored did a deep dive into WWE Hall Of Famer Sgt. Slaughter’s career and discovered that Sgt. Slaughter did not serve in the military.
Seems the main issue is WWE and Slaughter continues to pass off his military service as being legit when that wasn't the case, especially when WWE releases articles honoring wrestlers who were actual military veterans. Link: https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/...36444492800000

Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned that the WWE ice cream sandwiches are coming out in February and the price range is $3.00 – $5.29. John Cena, Roman Reigns, Becky Lynch and “Macho Man” Randy Savage are emblazoned on the sandwiches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
With AEW being a year old and already gaining national television on TNT, selling out arenas, and winning some bidding wars for talent in free agency, many see them as a threat to WWE.

But, while he welcomes the fight, WWE Co-President George Barrios doesn't see them as an existential threat. Speaking at Citi 2020 Global TMT West Conference, Barrios was asked about All Elite Wrestling and whether they present competition to WWE.

"I'm a kid from Queens so everything is a competition and fight. That's one of the things I love about WWE. My DNA fits within that. We don't take anything for granted. We are serious like a heart attack around fighting for our unfair share. Having said that, I think it's fair to say that there's been other wrestling in the United States and abroad, who we respect people behind it, the talent, and what they do. It can be tough to compete with us because we're so good at what we do. We've built up capabilities and competencies over a long, long time. How to build stars, present the content, and engage fans over multiple platforms. We think we're hard to compete with. We don't take anything for granted. If you said to me, existential, do I feel [like they're a threat]? No. But I love a good fight. We enjoy it," he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucha Blog
Psycho Clown has threated to leave AAA, according to a report by Cancha. There's are no details given as to the reasons he might leave. The article says it is something he is considering but is talking to his lawyer first.
For some reference, he is one of AAA's top stars and maybe the equivalent of WWE's John Cena in terms of being very popular with younger fans and star status.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote