View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #1179
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Wednesday night ratings are in and last night's Bash at the Beach-themed episode of AEW Dynamite was essentially even with last week, averaging 940,000 total viewers and a 0.38 rating in the 18-49 demo.

The latter number was good for fifth on the night on cable TV and was up six percent from last week.

NXT was down three percent in total viewers, averaging 700,000. The 18-49 rating was 0.21, which was up 11 percent from last week. The show finished 31st on cable in that category.

As was the case early in the ratings war -- but had stopped leading into the holiday season -- AEW beat NXT in every demo except those over 50.. NXT had a very narrow win in that category, drawing a 0.35 rating to AEW's 0.34.

The biggest gap in the demos was in men 18-49. AEW almost doubled NXT with a 0.51 rating to 0.26.
Quote:
Zack Sabre Jr. has been announced for this year’s WrestleCon SuperShow. It’s taking place at The Ritz Ybor on Thursday, April 2.
Quote:
Marty Scurll has been announced for one night of the NWA's post-Hard Times television tapings.

The NWA announced today that Scurll will appear in front of the crowd at their Power tapings in Atlanta, Georgia on Sunday, January 26. The show starts at 3 p.m. Eastern time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling will be presenting a TNA-themed live event as part of Wrestlecon this April:

There's no place like home.
TNA officially returns for one night only on Friday, April 3rd at 7pm.
Tickets go on sale on Monday at 12pm EST at https://t.co/6BISigVGvG! pic.twitter.com/o19R8OVO4z
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) January 16, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There's been a lot of talk of late that the WWE UK Championship, currently held by WALTER, will be rechristened the NXT UK Championship to bring it in line with all the other NXT UK title belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Undertaker is at the WWE Performance Center today in Orlando, Florida.

Obviously, with the Royal Rumble next week, that timing is very interesting.

Updated: 12:39 PM - Thus far today, Undertaker not been inside the ring. He has been reviewing last night's WWE NXT TV episode with the roster, giving advice and feedback to the roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNT President Kevin Reilly discussed All Elite Wrestling Dynamite's new TV pact during the Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles yesterday, commenting, “I just had this idea that this was the time to invest. This is a startup. It’s already over-delivered out of the gate. That’s really when you want to hit the gasoline a little bit. The guys already have ideas about additional talent and things they want to do and I wanted to incentivize them as a partner to do that. We also wanted to gave fans and talent who potentially want to come work with us the sense that this is here to stay. You can invest in it, it’s here to stay, and it’s only going to get better.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
TV Insider spoke with Chelsea Green and Chelsea talked about she and Zack Ryder’s forthcoming wedding. She mentioned that she wants to have a New Year’s wedding and wants to incorporate Zack’s love of action figures into the wedding.

“Of course, with his crazy toy podcast and love of toys and things like that, we’ve got some fun things planned — a little wedding pin we are going to give out to everybody at our wedding, fun stuff like that. I think we are going to do a New Year’s Eve wedding. We’re in the midst of trying to plan, but life on the road is crazy. It’s hard to plan a wedding when you’re on RAW, NXT, on the road. We’re both kind of taking it day-to-day.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
A new episode of WWE After The Bell came out on 1/16 and Drew McIntyre and Keith Lee joined the show. During Corey Graves’ singular portion of the podcast, he briefly talked about Wrestle Kingdom 14 and proposed the idea of WWE splitting WrestleMania up into two days:

“I am still late to the party as I often am because I have little to no free time. Tried my best to check out New Japan Wrestle Kingdom. Shout out to those guys. My guy Juice Robinson who I will never forget even though he doesn’t acknowledge us and he’s disowned us and his WWE family. I think it’s really cool that the event has gotten so big, they did it over two days, which doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility for WrestleMania. What do you think? Would you be into two, four hour WrestleManias or a three hour and a four hour show rather than a 31 hour WrestleMania like we’ve had for the last few years?”
Same episode had him complain a lot about this past Monday's episode of RAW to the point it felt more like him complaining or needing to stir controversy just for the sake of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Sheamus returned to WWE television in November 2019, after being absent since September, reverting back to his old non-mohawk look. A series of vignettes began to run, hyping his return to WWE SmackDown. He finally appeared in front of the live audience in January, taking out Shorty G with a Brouge Kick.

The old look with spiked hair brought back memories of Sheamus' singles run when he was a multi-time World. But the original idea for his return could have had him stuck on 205 Live.

"Mate, I got these notebooks of ideas from creative with like, a small moustache, and suspenders and my hair go over to the side…it looked almost exactly like Jack Gallagher from 205 Live and I said ‘you know, we have a person who looks just like this here, right?’ Man, if I did any of it any of those pictures, I’d just be done! I would have been toast. The amount of slaggings (abuse) I would have gotten.. and that would have just been off my granny! It was just terrible," Sheamus told Alex McCarthy of TalkSPORT. "But you know, we just went so far with the Mohawk. The Mohawk was done. I thought about it and, creatively, myself and a guy I work with called Ray, we just talked about it and it was like [debuting the mohawk] so shocking, you know, and I got that reaction ‘you look stupid’ and stuff and it was a great reaction. It was completely different because we we just hit a roadblock with whatever it was. You can’t go further than that."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote