View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:44 PM   #1181
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
TalkSport asked Charlotte Flair about coping with Kairi Sane’s injury at TLC and how it affected what they were planning to do in the match: “It didn’t in the moment. I guess, everyone, how they felt afterwards is what made them feel different. In the moment, it was more it’s a tough spot. It’s the main event of a brutal pay-per-view and everyone has already seen tables, ladders and chairs. It’s feeding off the crowd, going with the crowd and feeding off their reactions. So I didn’t really think anything until after. Obviously Kairi was hurt, but in the match I’m just thinking ‘how do we keep people invested?’ with them already seeing so many different TLC, brutal matches. You’ve already seen a kendo stick, you’ve already seen a chair, you’ve seen a ladder, a table. And the pressure of us delivering that, with a weird dynamic seeing me and Becky tag? To me, me and Becky tagging is more what I was thinking about. How does that come across and how our characters should be interacting on television. How do you go from this [indicates high level] to all of a sudden, they’re tagging? We had the let’s fight the enemy because we have a common enemy [mentality].”
Quote:
PWinsider reported that Mike Kanellis & Tony Nese teaming together on this weekend's NXT house shows is a test run for a potential team for NXT TV. They defeated Nick Ogarelli & Mohamed Fahim at last night’s house show in Melbourne, Florida, with this being the first time Kanellis has wrestled since he requested his released from WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com is reporting that Jeff Hardy is scheduled for a court date on Monday, April 6th, which is the day after WrestleMania in Tampa. This stems from his October 2019 arrest in Moore County, North Carolina when he was seen driving erratically after exiting a liquor store. He was said to have been uncooperative when asked for a breathalyzer test and a sample of blood to be drawn. Hardy was arrested for driving while impaired. Hardy, 42, has been off the road with WWE since last April when he suffered an injury and the Hardys vacated the SmackDown tag titles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
In a recent media session, Rhyno revealed that he is Vic Joesph's child's godfather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Mexican soccer team Toluca FC honored the late La Parka, who recently died, with a team photo of the players wearing La Parka masks and gave his family members a special team shirt.
Link: https://twitter.com/TolucaFC/status/1218969768851640320 , https://twitter.com/TolucaFC/status/1218990275504287744

Quote:
WWE announced this morning a new television deal in the United Kingdom that brings them back to free-to-air television in the country.

They have partnered with ViacomCBS’s Channel 5 to broadcast one hour versions of Raw and SmackDown on the network starting on February 2. Raw will air on Sundays starting at 10:30 a.m., while SmackDown will air Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.

Under the deal, NXT UK will also have a new broadcast home. It will air on the Paramount Network each Wednesday at midnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Wrestlecon announced this morning that AEW Champion Chris Jericho will be making his very first appearance at their event this April in Tampa over Wrestlemania 36 weekend
Link: https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/statu...82539058663426

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Comedian Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias is listing WWE Wrestlemania 35 weekend and Monday Night Raw for his upcoming schedule on several YouTube videos, as seen below:

Interestingly, he does not list the Wrestlemania dates on his website's upcoming tour dates, so it would appear to be something WWE-related, as opposed to Iglesias performing concerts.

It wouldn't be far fetched to see WWE induct Iglesias into the Celebrity wing of their Hall of Fame, but nothing has been confirmed at this time beyond Iglesias listing Wrestlemania and Raw as upcoming appearances.

Iglesias, a massive WWE fan, has made a number of WWE-related appearances in the past, including Tribute to the Troops, WWE Backstage, Straight Up With Steve Austin and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Peyton Royce and Billie Kay are auctioning off ring worn gear on eBay with a hundred percent of the proceeds helping out those affected by the Australian wildfires

Don’t forget to bid on @BillieKayWWE eBay listing!! We are so grateful for all the support so far in helping us help our country! ?????????????? https://t.co/9XpZYmeJtB
— Peyton Royce (@PeytonRoyceWWE) January 20, 2020
Quote:
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported on Tuesday that AEW is filming Dynamite tonight on two master tapes and flying them in two separate airplanes to Atlanta. The reason is that if there is an issue with one flight then there is a backup to ensure the show airs on TNT on Wednesday night.
Quote:
Daniel Bryan spoke with My San Antonio, which is where Friday Night SmackDown takes place this week and gave an in-depth look at his program with The Fiend Bray Wyatt. In the interview, he acknowledged how much he was enjoying the environmentalist version of his character and then was getting set to sink his teeth into the Sami Zayn program. What he liked about the Zayn issue was the crossroads of Bryan either reverting to the ‘Yes’ version of himself or moving forward. He felt there was unfinished business with that story and wasn’t clamoring to go back to the ‘Yes’ version of himself:

"I think it varies depending on the person and the situation. I honestly wasn’t really ready to go back to the ‘yes’ chants yet. I was really enjoying the stuff that I was doing as the ‘Planet’s Champion’ and environmentalist type of stuff. But sometimes you do what duty calls for, right? There’s the switch, and I still enjoy doing that. But it’s weird, because it almost feels a little bit unfinished. We were starting a story with me and Sami Zayn, and to me that was very compelling. It was, ‘Do you want to go backward with these people and go back to being the ‘yes’ guy, or do you want to go forward with us?’ And to me, that’s a very interesting real question in my life and in my career. Do you want to go back to this? It’s easy to get reactions as the ‘yes’ guy and be the guy who goes out there and does the ‘yes’ chants. Or do I want to push things forward? Which is more interesting to me creatively? In this particular instance, it was kind of like, ‘OK, we’re ready as a company for the ‘yes’ guy to be back.’ And I really enjoy doing that. I do. But, I like to also push my own creative boundaries, and so one of the things that I’m trying to do with this, although I haven’t necessarily done a great job of it yet, is evolving the ‘yes’ character from what it had been before."

With Wyatt, the idea to cut his hair came about after Bryan suggested cutting his beard and then it ended with his hair being cut off, which he did not want to do. The story sounded insane as he described being pulled underneath the ring and having his hair cut beneath the ring with barbers and a producer present. The fact that Bryan wasn’t visible or his haircut revealed until another episode makes this one sound so strange that they wouldn’t use prop hair for Bray to grab rather than cutting his actual hair at that moment.
Quote:
WALTER was interviewed by Metro to promote the Worlds Collide show this weekend and spoke about his experience at the Survivor Series this past November. WALTER was a member of Team NXT with Tommaso Ciampa, Matt Riddle, Keith Lee & Dominik Dijakovic and was notably eliminated in three minutes. He shared the following reaction to his participation in the match that included teams from Raw and SmackDown:

I wasn’t invested in that. I didn’t care. I care about my guys, my group, I care about the sport, but I don’t care about all those people being angry each other. It was a weird match too – three five-men tag teams, and always three guys in the ring. That’s when wrestling turns from competition to putting acrobats in a circus to do a show.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote