View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #251
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I’m no lawyer (maybe BCZ can help on this front?), but if WWE talent work elsewhere — at their own risk — does that somewhat mitigate the independent contractor (non)issue? Or at least get in front of it? I mean, if talent go to Japan and beat the snot out of each other (work), why should Vince front the medical bills at least a little due to wear and tear?

The Network is always looking for content too. New Japan is looking to expand. And there’s that tier pricing rumor. New Japan could either eliminate their OTT (which probably costs a lot) and rely on the Network’s wider audience OR they could keep it for the fans that already have it and hope your fan base is bigger in 10 years or whenever you stop housing on the Network. WWE can have a percentage of the gate of all shows they air, but you can get some of the WWE/New Japan crossover merchandising.

Vince increases his monopoly, extends the Network to being more than just WWE. ROH has no chance of MSG without the New Japan talent. Cody looks small time using WWE approved acts to draw his freak crowd. Harold Meij probably looks like a genius getting New Japan talent on WWE shows and getting WWE talent into New Japan. And that sweet merchandise money. We get Daniel Bryan winning the G1 and the IWGP Title and maybe even defending it at WrestleMania.

I was about to say “weirder things have happened,” but have they?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote