View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 PM   #10103
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I am the Pretty Thing that Live in the House (2016) on Netflix - 2/5

A Hospice nurse in her late 20's moves in with an elderly novelist nearing the end of her days. They live alone in a nice home, that is haunted with the ghost of someone who used to live there. The premise is as simple as it gets and so is the movie. It's quite scary at times if you are afraid of the dark, I started the movie late at night and turned it off when it gave me the spooks early on. However when I picked the film back up and made it to the finish line I was left feeling like "oh that was cute". Not a legendary horror film by any stretch but interesting. There are only about 5 actors in the movie and I'm not sure that I liked any of them. But the film did give me the spooks due to the camera work holding certain shots long enough to make you feel creeped out so I give it 2/5.

The Babadook (2014) on Netflix - 3/5

I've been recommended this movie for a few years now and Slik pushed it on me to try so I gave it my attention. The film is about about an Australian family, mother and son who have lost the father in a car accident. The child is as most children would be being raised in the wake of a tragedy like that, totally off the walls insane. The mother does her best to cope with her son's behavior problems until the entrance of a certain book changes everything. The Babadook is a book that foretells a horror story of a monster who haunts you in the darkness, it has some cliche elements to it which actually make it even more terrifying. Everything turns on its head when the elements of the book seem to actually be happening to this family. I'm sure most of you have seen this film but the horror of the story is actually a metaphor for the grief in the loss of the father. The manifestation of the loss into a physical terrifying monster is pretty smart. I've read a lot of reviews on this over the years and I didn't enjoy it as much as most, simply because the lack of color in the film and the one set location was so dark and grey. Grey tends to bother me in a film. Though I do think that is appropriate when trying to envelope a story in grief.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote