View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #209
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Anyway, I quite enjoyed SmackDown and it was the first show in a long time where I watched from beginning to end.

All the matches were good ones and when there was no wrestling, the time was mostly used to forward on storylines, although we did get nostalgia moments but that's to be expected on WWE milestone shows.

The only "pointless" part was the opening when all the McMahon's were in the ring. It was entertaining to an extent but maybe a match could have went in it's place instead or a skit involving all the former SmackDown General Managers coming out trying to be the one to welcome everyone to the milestone show.

• The Usos' win is great for them as still keeps them as "legit" as they defeated the WWE Champion and the Number One Contender for it. I'm pretty sure they'll be going on to work an angle with The Bar for the titles which I'm all for.

• Evolution showing up on SmackDown seemed weird at first as they had absolutely nothing to do with the show during their run, but it all made sense by the end as I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting Batista/Triple H at Survivor Series at the earliest or WrestleMania at the latest.

It was good to see Batista though and you could tell his promo came straight from the heart. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Batista back but judging by the end of the promo, if we are getting Batista/Triple H, then it looks like Batista may be the face in the feud.

Face Batista is alright but Heel Batista is so much more better.

I'd settle for Tweener Batista. That might be interesting.

• Miz/Rusev match was only really done to add another name to the "World Cup" and also forward on the Rusev/English feud.

Two birds with one stone and all that.

• Speaking of "two birds with one stone", that was also why The Cutting Edge took place. We got some more nostalgia but it was also used as continuation in the Women's Title picture.

Part of me however feels that Edge should have reacted better to Becky's shot at his neck. I don't know how I feel about WWE Legends coming back and basically being portrayed as being weak and all that.

Edge during his peak was this absolute bastard who had a vicious streak in him. He even alluded to it in his promo but he returns and just looks sad when someone makes fun of his neck injury.

• The Bar winning the titles is all good and as soon as Big Show came out I knew he was going to turn and do it by Chokeslamming Kofi through the table.

I don't think we'll see Big Show with The Bar from now on although we may see them together for the next week or so, but I think the real reason behind Big Show's turn was so we could get a Big Show vs New Day Three-On-One Handicap Match at some point down the line, probably at Survivor Series or something.

If it is at Survivor Series, it would probably be an elimination match. (That's me just hoping that it is as I do like elimination matches)

Another thing I would point out would be Lawler and Booker and Lawler just sitting there most of the time just looking completely confused. I get they were there for nostalgia and also as a reason to have another table at ringside (two birds with one stone again) but why not just let them call the entire match instead of just sitting there waiting for their cue to say an obviously fed line?

• Mysterio is looking great these days and he's looking so much better than he did when he was over here just over a year and a half ago. I am curious as to what will happen with him after Crown Jewel, that's if that does go ahead.

A guess from me would probably be him chasing the US Title and then having a bit of a run with it. After that, a couple of feuds and then maybe a run as Tag Team Champion with a random partner.

In reality though, he'll probably not do anything.

• Overall though I enjoyed the show and it was much better than the last milestone show. Much better.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote