View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #210
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
Why do wrestlers always take everything so seriously and personal? (#kayfabe)

Batista saying Triple H never beat him and Hunter getting all serious. Haha why do all wrestlers have the mental age of a six year-old? Ah well, I'm guessing that's setting up to Triple H vs. Batista at Wrestlemania, I mean, what else has Triple H got going at the moment...
Well, that's the point of wrestling, isn't it?

I was curious to see how the Batista/Triple H stuff played out, because I'm still trusting my theory that Triple H is going to be the Universal Champion come WrestleMania. But putting Batista in the ring with Triple H heading into SmackDown seemed to allude to that match Batista wants. I only saw highlights of the show, but something did stand out to me in this segment:

Batista going through and mentioning the number of World Titles they had all won. Now, Triple H could have just been doing a "let me hear this verbal blowjob" face when Batista called him the 14-time World Champion after Ric Flair, but when I heard the line I and saw Triple H's face I thought "That's it. That's his segue into going after the belt again." There was a sting to the comment. Like "you haven't won as many as Ric Flair" and Triple H got a minor case of boo-boo face.

I'm telling you -- if The Rock is coming back, Triple H is going to wrestle him in the main event for one of the World Titles (almost definitely the Universal). He is not appearing on The Rock's card if there is going to be a notable spike in business because of him. There were two points to this promo: 1. You haven't beaten me (Batista); 2. You've still got World Titles to win.

I'm not sure whether they make a deal with Batista and what have you, but if Batista does sign, I'm thinking they do Triple H vs. Batista before WrestleMania, likely at the Rumble. Triple H wins that because he's the King of Kings and that becomes his motivation to beat Roman Reigns and go against Royal Rumble Winner Rock. Batista will wrestle someone like AJ Styles, or Randy Orton, or Daniel Bryan or maybe even The Undertaker again at WrestleMania (with Batista winning).

I was half-expecting my Triple H/Rock theory to be blown out of the water by something more urgent between Triple H and Batista coming out of this show, but I came out of it thinking "he's placing his eggs in different baskets perfectly."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote