View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 02:12 AM   #47976
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dastardly One View Post
Meltzer is as reliable as it gets.
Can't tell if being sarcastic or serious.

I was just saying, even though he may have built pretty credible sources and have a fairly accurate track record considering he does deal in speculation in an industry potentially less stable than the stock market, he kind of shoots his own credibility in the foot the times that he's wrong.

The times he's said something to the effect of "I was wrong about that" is dwarfed in comparison to essentially saying "I would have been right if they didn't do something else".

Say WWE supposedly advertised Lesnar vs Rollins match for Wrestlemania, but Dave says in January they are starting in on laying groundwork for Lesnar vs Kingston instead being why he got screwed recently for his match with DB... whatever. It's a long term plan that bears out, and we get Lesnar vs Kofi. Meltz was right. Balloons and confetti.

Now, say Brock gets hurt. That's an obvious audible. Even if Dave is wrong, there's not really anything to denote it was bullshit since an injury isn't something that can be foreseen. The original might have truly been written in pen, but they have to work around it.

But then, that same declaration of Lesnar vs Kofi at mania is made, but Brock drops the belt on Raw to Drew McIntyre - not in an emergency "he or Vince or both got pissed off" way, but in an actual scripted push for Drew- in some actual storyline that makes sense. Drew faces, of all people, Bray Wyatt at The Showcase of the Immortals... the chances of having a semi-dismissive "plans change" are immensely greater than just saying he was totally off and didn't see that coming. That's the irksome point. It's like he's just covering his ass so that he can always still be technically right.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote