View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #106
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
On Impact Wrestling: It could be a bad sign for wrestling OR it could just be because it's FUCKING TNA!!! Anyone doing any research into that property can find endless articles on what a stupid fucking promotion it's been for a majority of its tenure, how much of its fan-base its lost, and how cynical the attitude towards it from anyone with a brain is. Not only has it lost viewers, but it continues to do so. There is no growth possible with TNA and everybody knows it. That being said:

On RevPro: B-but there's supposed to be a wrestling boom! Bullshit. People say the same thing about Australia and I think "Wtf? No one talks about wrestling." It's not cool, folks, and WWE has gone out of their way to do damage to themselves and the geeks in the business do their best to make sure they aren't cool by doing goofy play-fights. Of course there is no casual fan-base for wrestling in the UK, or Australia, or anywhere else.

On WrestleMania 35: It was pretty obvious that the plan was going to be Charlotte/Ronda in a highly promoted Mania main for 35. I would have guessed a Shield Triple Threat as well. Roman vs. Dean, on its own, would have been cold as ice. It would have needed that dynamic of Seth being in there to complete the Shield magic. I'm still doubtful they actually go with Becky against Ronda, since they do like their "plans." Charlotte vs. Ronda is a plan, and I can see them sticking to it.

On SmackDown: As I've said before, I'm positive FOX has an out clause with a reasonable amount of time and a reasonable pay-out to WWE should their ratings dip below industry predictions. FOX's official statement bragged about 2 million viewers. If television across the board drops by a percentage that affects that number, I'm sure things will still go ahead as planned, but there is no way that FOX is putting on a WWE product that has gone down 30% if television has only gone down 15%. That decrease is too far outside norms, and it's an indicator of WWE taking money and not delivering the service they offered. You can see WWE begin to respond to this -- not panic, but respond. It'll be interesting to see if they can stop the bleeding or if they've truly lost touch to the point where if they try to fix things they end up making them worse.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote