View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 11:34 PM   #78
Reacher
Hello

Reacher has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Reacher has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Although I transitioned to part-time fan after Summerslam 2005 as mentioned earlier, the WWE started to lose me a little from 2002-2004 when they botched all of their face turns for their top guys. I feel like the WWE didn’t really know how to convert their top heels into top babyfaces because they kept altering their characters too much. One thing that made guys like Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, and Jericho successful babyfaces is that their personna’s during their initial turns remained VERY similar to their heel personna’s. Only in time, after some time had passed after the initial turns, did their characters evolve into something slightly more fan friendly.

With guys like Triple H, Angle, Orton, Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, and John Cena, I feel like the WWE tried to switch their characters and personalities WAY too fast upon turning. Especially in the case of Orton, the guy flat out flopped after Summerslam 2004 because either Orton or creative had no idea how to transition him into a top baby. Same with Lesnar in 2002. Just because a guy is getting some cheers, doesn’t mean you convert him right away so that you can sell merch. Let the heel character simmer until fans are literally creaming their pants’ for a face turn......like Rocky from Survivor Series 1998 to Backlash 1999.

The WWE’s over commitment to Triple H in 2003 also started to ruin things for me.
Reacher is offline   Reply With Quote