View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #54118
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
No they're not. Not in terms of making a star or having an actual meaningful, long-term purpose or goal.

This is so fucking stupid. WWE thinks (and convinces its fucking moronic viewers to buy into) the idea that somehow "superstar" v. "superstar" who have never faced each other is great because they say it is. It's fucking trash, serves no purpose, outside of merely drawing eyeballs to an event, and is fucking lazy bullshit. That doesn't preclude it from being entertaining/good as a one off event, but that doesn't mean it's quality content or storytelling.

That's the ultimate problem with WWE... they've basically become the worst wrestling... they can't build or tell stories, they can only sell one off events because the folks in charge are pathetic fucking moronic idiots who don't know how to consistently build quality content/stories and characters. It's fucking ridiculous, and anyone who thinks what they're doing is remotely good is dumber than the folks in charge.
That's the point of wrestling, Big. And they've been selling one-off events for how many decades now?

I understand that you're fatigued with WWE. I was too. But I can see they've actually started trying. I think it's got way more to do with the XFL and WWE's other metrics than anything else, but a lot of their shit recently has been pure pro-wrestling shit and way better than anything else in North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
So a guy who is going to retire in the next few years as some aging veteran version of a "legend", is going to "be the first guy to submit (to the more aged veteran guy who has already been beaten at Mania) at WrestleMania". Honestly, if you think this is quality, it explains a ton.
Yeah, sure. Why not? Styles is going to be around for a few more years and it adds more stock into his career. If you want him to perceived as a legend, present him as a legend.

That being said, I actually probably wouldn't do the submission finish. It's not necessary -- I was just getting carried away. I think the best visual would be Styles hitting the forearm and Taker trying to sit up, but then clunking down. Styles then hits the Springboard 450 for emphasis and wins the match.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote