View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:55 PM   #15
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
A list of some things I like and don't like in AEW.

Don't Like -

Jurassic Express. While capable of having fun matches at times overall the gimmick feels stale to me and I'm not a fan of Marko Stunt and Luchasaurus. I find them generally unbelievable and I Iook forward to a change in their direction. I wouldn't renew Marko's contract if I was Tony.

Joey Janella and Sonny Kiss. Joey was a missed opportunity from the beginning of Dynamite. The masses were never really introduced to his insane personality and he was regulated to Dark and job matches on Dynamite until his pairing with Sonny Kiss which makes no sense on any level. Joey had a lot of "underground" momentum from before AEW and it was completely left behind once he signed. Sonny is a really bad wrestler with a cringe gimmick on multiple levels. I understand that "AEW is for everyone" and the push for inclusion but this character is not working on any level. I would not resign either of them if I was Tony.

The PWG style. This includes all of the moves that Excalibur can call that leave JR scratching his head/hat. I absolutely LOVE The Young Bucks when they are on and nailing their awesome high spots. I think that AEW should be more strict when it comes to other teams/wrestlers "stealing moves". Limit super kicks for The Bucks, basically any move the Bucks do, nobody else can do them. It will force more creative matches from everyone else and make their spots more special.

The Women's Division. Shida is okay she's not setting the world on fire by any means. Britt Baker is obviously the best thing going in that division and should be focused on much more. Ana Jay is showing promise, the NWA women seem to be a solid injection. But they really need to stop booking these weak looking women who have no idea what they are doing in a match. It's embarrassing to watch. They could stop trying to have such a large division of women and focus on 8 or 9 girls that can actually work. They should absolutely get Tessa Blanchard and work a deal with Impact to get some women from them like Jordyanne Grace.

Things I love.

Eddie Kingston. He's been one of the MVP's of 2020 and I wouldn't mind a little more of him, even though I can't complain about the air time he does get.

PAC. I love how AEW has built PAC into a main eventer just on hype alone. Get Pac an apt in Florida and have him on TV more, please!

Archer. He's the fucking man. He has got to turn Babyface after seeing him on the Brodie tribute show. Archer is going to have amazing matches with Kenny.

Cody. No complaints out of me. He's a star, he's the man. One of the best babyfaces ever. I am always intrigued thinking about how one day he will get rid of that stipulation and eventually hold the big belt. It will be like when Tommy Dreamer finally won the ECW title. They could even emulate that moment to a certain degree.

MJF. JUST MORE MJF. Especially in the ring. He's. One of the best they have and he just doesn't get enough ring time in my opinion.

Mox. My favorite guy there right now. Big match Jon. I love everything he does. I'm not sure what will be his next program, I would hate to see him lose to Kenny again but it could be another screwjob at Revolution that sets up something else for him.

Overall AEW had a really great year through the pandemic. My favorite show was probably Double or Nothing, followed by Full Gear. DON had so many amazingly entertaining moments, definitely a PPV worth rewatching. AEW evolved quite a bit from 2019-2020, looking forward to what is next in 2021!
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote