View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:48 AM   #364
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Right so when Justice League was announced, I was worried that not building their world up first and just rushing into the big team movie would hurt it, and I was right. There isn't enough time to develop these new characters and as a result, it's hard to care about them as much as the big three. Even the world around them seems just rushed together. They introduce the concept of atlantis and it's kingdom but doesn't really explain anything about it or anything. The movie is literally just like "Oh yeah, btw there's water people now."

That brings me to my next problem. Too much exposition. There is so much in this movie that's just explained through dialogue. A big reason why marvel's formula is so great is that it shows you instead of tells you. There are things that should have been explored a bit more but it's all like "No time! We need to get to the next scene! This is what this is all about! ok go go go!

Like most of the other DC movies, it has pacing problems, and feels like random scenes just plugged one after another, instead of a free flowing story. Also has one of the weirdest, most awkward openings for a superhero movie.

Yeah, Steppenwolf is pretty much Ronan. Guy who looks cool and is super tough but ultimately is just something for the team to hit. Fuck, even Ronan had at least some backstory and motivation. The movie tells you NOTHING about him other than a rambling line or two that has vague hints of his Apokolips origins. One of these lines hints that he was expelled from Apokolips and he's doing all this conquering to redeem himself. He could of been cooler if they explored this motivation instead of making it a throwaway line that most people will forget 5 minutes later.

AQUAMAN IS ROMAN REIGNS

He doesn't just look like roman his ENTIRE PERSONALITY is Roman Reigns right down to a T. Right down to the forced, lame one liners. It's fucking uncanny.

Most of the dialogue is mundane. It definitely feels like a reactionary move to the backlash of previous films grim tone, but a lot of the jokes and one liners fall pretty flat. Flash is really fun throughout the movie, ironically because he's written like an MCU character.

Cyborg looks like a Bayformer with a dude's face. And has about as much personality as one. Would give them a pass since the character itself is pretty lame imo, but MCU made Falcon cool, so nope.

On the plus side, the fights are pretty cool, even if the CG looks like shit at times.

Two post credit scenes btw. Second one would have me super fucking pumped if everything else wasn't so subpar.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote