View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:12 AM   #190
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Figured I'll bump this since Destor's back and he's the only one who cared about the nonsense I post here.

Wanted to give my thoughts on BOTSJ, but since I'm way the fuck behind and literally just starting it, I don't want to do it in the NJPW thread and accidently get spoiled. Maybe this will prompt other people to post random shit in here instead of just me endlessly rambling about rice eaters.

Anyhoo, night 1 Block A. Skipping the tag matches cause I just don't have the fucking time.

Taka Michinoku is coming mother fucker vs Tiger Mask

Both these guys look great and can still fucking go

Slick transitions from Taka

Taka fucking rules

Ringpost figure 4 HOT SHIT

Tiger suplex still such a great move

Nice little match. Honestly makes me excited to see Taka's main event matches when they give him more time. Should be good.

Titan vs Kanemaru

Wriring about this one like a day after I watched it and honestly don't remember much. Kanemaru is much more limited these days, but he's still solid. Remember seeing Titan in a multi man tag and being really impressed, but this didn't really blow mind. Not bad, but just solid match

John Grisham vs Marty Scurll

I know of John Grisham because of Fire Pro but I've never actually seen him til now. Pretty sure Gertner would describe him as a Mocha Midget.

Some very Jack Gallagheresque escapes from Grisham

Marty is really good, but for some reason he's never clicked with me. Never been excited to see him, with the exception of the Okada match, but that was because it was a unique match and they did a great job building to it on BTE

Finger snap is always great though. Pete Dunne wishes he could do it as good as Marty.

Good match. Grisham is alright I guess. Have to see a few more matches to make a fair judgement though.

Shingo Takagi vs SHO

Here we fucking go. BIG fan of SHO right here. Feel like he's a future star both in the Jr and Heavyweight divisions. And I've got a soft spot for Shingo because I saw him live in ROH way back when he was just starting out. He was supposed to fight Christopher Daniels, but Daniels flight got cancelled and he was replaced by Curry Man. It was a fun match.

Fucking Shingo looks so bad ass

SHO debuting his own. Chiptune style like TJP. Except better. Good sign though. Shows that NJPW sees the star potential.

Also love that the announcers here react so strongly to a new entrance theme rather than talking over it about whats trending or the main event later in the night.

"Shingo is the Dark Souls of Best of the Super Juniors." lol that's fucking great. These guys know their audience.

SHO with a Tekken cross promotion shirt. SHO needs to be in Tekken 7.

This match fucking rules so far. It's like strong style mixed with a dash of straight power wrestling.

Commentator's with a great observation on how impactful something as simple as bodyslam is, when performed by Shingo. Not sure who these guys are besides Kevin Kelly but I really like them.

Backcracker into armbar needs to be in Fire Pro. Gonna request it from one of the modders.

Shingo with the Cesaro style deadlift suplex off the apron. Always incredible.

fuuuuuuuuck this match

Fucking LARIAT strike exchange so fucking STRONG

rolling deadlift germans get the fuck out

We are saddened to learn of the death of proffesional wrestler SHO of NJPW following a lariat from Shingo Takagi

Holding onto an armbar after kicking out of a pin reversal. Dont see that often

Crowd is fucking HOT

Jesus fuck is the main event gonna be 5 minutes?

Fucking incredible. Match of the tournament contender on the first night.

These two guys. This is your top act in the Jr division going forward.

This match just made SHO as a singles star. Fucking MADE him. Which was inevitable, but here it is.

Who's in the main event? Who cares after that?

Dragon Lee vs Taiji Ishimori

Gotta be honest. Pretty drained after that last match. But these two are fucking studs and work great together so we'll see.

Dragon Lee's theme is so fucking terrible

Cool mask though

Glad he decided to match his mask color with his gear. Hate when masked guys don't do that. Like they'll have a cool looking red and black attire, but their mask is just randomly green. LOOKING AT YOU EL SAMURAI

Slow pace to start. Not great considering the Speed 2: Cruise Control pace of the last match.

Alright now it's picking up.

Taiji dipping in and out of the ropes so fast. Also, dude has like an 8 pack

Holy fuck Dragon Lee didn't even slow down for that suicide dive. Fucking scary to watch.

This is a really great match, but it lacks the raw emotion of the last one. Can understand why it's the main event though. Current champ vs former champ

Fuck death valley driver into the corner. Ishimori sounds legit fucked up.

So many backflip head drops.

Yeah, good match, but Shingo vs SHO stole the show by a country mile

Great start. I'll probably watch a show every day and 2 or 3 on my days off until I'm all caught up.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote