View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #1489
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Tonight’s wrestling programs are expected to be hit by the enormous news coverage coming out of Tuesday’s U.S. Election. For NXT, they are coming off one of their best weeks of the year with Halloween Havoc and has often been less affected by outside events. Here is the current line-up advertised for tonight’s show at 8 pm Eastern on the USA Network:
*Tommaso Ciampa vs. Velveteen Dream
*Dakota Kai vs. Ember Moon
*Toni Storm vs. Shotzi Blackheart
*KUSHIDA vs. Cameron Grimes

AEW presents its go-home episode for Full Gear this Saturday. Prior to All Out in September, Tony Khan stated that four times per year Dynamite is centered around building the pay-per-view and the other 48 weeks of the year are about solid in-ring action, although he left it open about playing with that philosophy. It’s not to say you can’t deliver a great in-ring show and promote the pay-per-view, but tonight’s show should lean on promos and driving home the key programs.

The feud that has been scrutinized most is the FTR and Young Bucks match, which also had the largest expectations. In hindsight, the heavy push of The Bucks going heel, even with their internal justification, didn’t resonate and it’s turned the focus away from a program that was ready-made for its audience to embrace. The best option for this match is to forget all the heel attacks by The Young Bucks and just push this as the match that has been “years in the making” and settling which team is the best. You had that dynamic on day one when FTR showed up at Daily’s Place and delaying the match so long took it off course where the match felt stronger in June than it does in November.

Below is the card for tonight’s episode of Dynamite at 8 pm Eastern on TNT and TSN 2 in Canada:
*MJF & Wardlow vs. Ortiz & Sammy Guevara
*The Young Bucks vs. Private Party
*Nyla Rose vs. Red Velvet
*Miro vs. Trent
*Cody & The Gunn Club vs. Colt Cabana, John Silver & Ten
*Face-to-face segment with Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston
*Chris Jericho on commentary

On paper, it’s one of the weaker line-ups Dynamite has advertised, but again, tonight is about pushing the pay-per-view first and foremost. The face-to-face segment between Moxley and Kingston should be a strong segment with two of the best speakers in the industry and a feud that has peaked well for Saturday. Of the key matches at Full Gear, I feel Hangman Page and Kenny Omega could benefit from a sit-down interview with Jim Ross or something akin to that presentation to drive home the battle of the former champions and friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
During an appearance on Busted Open Radio Wednesday, AEW president/booker Tony Khan said Orange Cassidy vs. John "4" Silver is being moved up to the Full Gear pay-per-view main card.

No reason was given, but Khan said a new match for Saturday's The Buy In pre-show will be announced at some point on Wednesday.

Cassidy vs. Silver was added last Wednesday after Silver helped cost Cassidy a win over TNT Champion Cody.

The current main card for Saturday's PPV as of now:
  • AEW World Champion Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston in an I Quit match
  • AEW Tag Team Champions FTR vs. The Young Bucks (If the Bucks lose, they won't challenge for the tag titles again.)
  • AEW Women's Champion Hikaru Shida vs. Nyla Rose
  • TNT Champion Cody vs. Darby Allin
  • World title eliminator tournament finals: Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page
  • Chris Jericho vs. MJF (If MJF wins, he joins the Inner Circle.)
  • Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara in an Elite Deletion match
  • Orange Cassidy vs. John Silver
Full Gear will air live from Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Both on Tuesday's edition of Impact Wrestling and on Twitter afterward, nearly the full card for Turning Point was announced.

In the main event, World Champion Rich Swann will defend his title against former champion Sami Callihan. The two were on opposite teams in the main event of Tuesday's show and had a run-in on the previous week's show as well.

In another rematch, Knockouts Champion Su Yung will defend against Deonna Purrazzo in an anything goes match. Their rematch on Tuesday's show ended in a disqualification after Yung hit Purrazzo in the stomach with a chair, helping set up the stipulation.

In a Tag Team Title match, champions The North will defend against the Good Brothers. The two teams have been feuding for weeks with Gallows picking up a singles win over Ethan Page on Tuesday's show. The teams went to a no contest on the Bound For Glory go-home edition of Impact.

Two other matches announced: Moose vs. Willie Mack and Brian Myers vs. Swoggle.

Turning Point will air on Saturday, November 14th on the Impact+ streaming service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On 10/30, Cody Runnels expressly abandoned the trademark applications for 'Slamboree' and 'The Match Beyond' with prejudice and WWE have accepted and dropped their opposition for both trademarks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
On November 2, WWE filed to cancel its trademark on "Cody Rhodes."

Heel By Nature reports that the cancelation was finalized on Wednesday morning.

Cody filed to trademark the name on April 13, the day WWE's trademark lapsed, but WWE filed a late renewal, claiming that their filing and payment was delayed due to COVID-19. The late renewal was filed on May 15.

In July, Cody's trademark was refused due to WWE's filing. At the time, he said he has no grudge over WWE filing for a late renewal ...

In October 2019, Cody said WWE wasn't holding the name hostage and that he could use the Rhodes name without an issue, but he wouldn't.

Cody has until January 2021 to file an update on his case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All Japan Pro Wrestling star Zeus has tested positive for COVID-19, the company announced today.

Zeus will remain isolated in a hotel in Osaka until November 11.

He is scheduled to team with Shigehiro Irie in the upcoming Real World Tag League, starting on November 18.
Quote:
AEW president Tony Khan spoke with Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com to promote this Saturday’s Full Gear pay-per-view and spoke on several subjects ...

On Le Dinner Debonair:

"I expected it to be a very polarizing segment and it was very polarizing and I expected it would create a lot of conversation and then the next week, those guys would pull a big number and that’s what happened. I think it worked out well to do the Town Hall segment coming off it because the Town Hall segment was probably more in the context of what people have come to expect from Max and Chris. so I thought the Town Hall was more conventional and probably that’s why I thought it was, you know…obviously it did a really strong number but also made more sense to go closer to the pay per view for the next show."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Khan also spoke about the increasing length of AEW Dark and the potential of splitting it into two programs, which was a suggestion proposed by Johnson. Khan said if that were to happen, it would be as a streaming option and would have nothing to do with the added hour they are expected to launch on linear television with WarnerMedia.
Seeing as AEW Dark has been growing in length in recent weeks, wouldn't be surprised if they are testing out the waters to see how feasible it is on their end to run an extra hour or two of programming each week. Right now, I'd put it as a mixed bag because the AEW Dark format doesn't really lend itself well to lengthy shows.

Quote:
Sean Ross Sapp at Fightful reported today that only WWE main roster talent has had to stop streaming on Twitch with NXT talent is exempt for now, which explains why Adam Cole, Jessamyn Duke, and others can continue. Several main roster performers announced last week that they were suspending their Twitch streams or left it up in the air when they would return including AJ Styles, Cesaro, Aleister Black & Zelina Vega. This comes after the edict handed down by WWE in September that talent would have to stop participating with third-party outlets including Twitch, where talent can supplement income. The performer most closely tied to this story is Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis), who was very emotional discussing the decision she has been tasked with making and unlike the others, her in-ring days with WWE are over because of her neck problems.
Quote:
Miro was a guest on Talk is Jericho Wednesday discussing his time in WWE, moving to AEW, and the contrast of the two companies. Some of the highlights included:
*Noting that people were concerned to be going to work in WWE at the start of the pandemic
*He was pitched on the storyline involving Lana and Bobby Lashley by Paul Heyman and told it would be “one of the main events at WrestleMania”, which you can’t fault Miro for not being an eternal optimist
*It is difficult with Lana being in a different company because they are used to being together all the time
*Jericho noted that when the WWE cuts occurred in April, he asked Tony Khan his thoughts on any of the available talents with Miro/Rusev being the one he named
*He confirmed that WWE was furious when photos leaked in 2014 that he and Lana were engaged at the same time they were doing the storyline where Lana was with Dolph Ziggler and Rusev was with Summer Rae. Miro claimed Lana shared the photos with some friends and the photos were leaked and he had been scheduled to win the Intercontinental title and they dropped the storyline.
*Miro said he had offers to go elsewhere after WWE, he had no concerns when he got the news he was being cut but said he did get a lot off his chest when he was called and told the news by a WWE official
Quote:
James Romero has a new book coming out on November 29th covering Dwayne Johnson. The book is called Dwayne “The Rock” Johns: The People’s Champion – From WWE to Hollywood and covers his wrestling career and transition to films.
Link for those interested: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MB5ZV7D

Quote:
Vince McMahon was ready to donate a hospital wing after a pitched storyline that never ended up happening.

Former WWE writer Jon Rineman took part in a Reddit AMA on Tuesday and was asked for any crazy Vince stories from his time in the company.

Rineman gave the following answer:

As far as a crazy Vince story: we had an idea where someone was going to attack somebody in a hospital. And then I had an idea for it that Vince liked, then Heyman had a bunch of ideas Vince liked. So, Vince thinks about it and says: “We’re really gonna fuck up this hospital. How much would it cost to rebuild?” He stops, thinks a second, then says, matter-of-factly, “Hmm. I might have to donate a wing to a hospital. How much does that cost?” So, our writer’s assistant started looking up how much it cost to donate a wing to a hospital.

Then later in the meeting, another idea came up that nixed the hospital idea, and Vince said, “Which one is the one without buying the hospital wing? Do that one.” Then he stopped and said, “I should donate a wing somewhere though…” and it got quiet while he thought. Then he took out his pencil and I saw him write “Hospital.”

It is unknown if Vince did end up donating a hospital wing or what the original storyline entailed.

When asked the best joke he's ever written, Rineman said it came from his time in WWE:

“There’s always room for one more…” - Bray Wyatt, Firefly Funhouse. There is no feeling in the world as a WWF fan of the 90s than Vince going, “MMMMMM - that’s some good shit!” and winking at you.

The line came from Wyatt's promo against Hulk Hogan back in February.
Quote:
The first round is over and the semi-final matches are set in the UWN World Title Tournament.

Last Tuesday, Chris Dickinson advanced to the semi-finals with a victory over Peter Avalon. On the most recent episode of UWN Primetime Live, Fred Rosser, Shawn Daivari, and Mike Bennett all advanced to the semi-finals.

Rosser was victorious over Erick Redbeard (formerly Erick Rowan in WWE) via disqualification, Daivari picked up a victory over Rocky Romero, and Bennett defeated Kevin Martinson.

The semi-final matchups will see Rosser take on Dickinson while Bennett battles Daivari.
Quote:
United Wrestling Network has announced the lineup for its November 10 event.

The night will be headlined by James Storm & Eli Drake defending the NWA Tag Team Titles against Aron Stevens & The Question Mark. This will mark the first title defense for Storm & Drake since March when they faced The Bounces on an episode of NWA Power.

Storm & Drake won the titles in January at NWA Hard Times.

Also announced for next Tuesday's episode of UWN Primetime Live is Lacey Ryan vs. Vipress, 4 Minutes of Heat vs. Real Money Brothers, and the semi-finals of the UWN World Title tournament. Fred Rosser will face Chris Dickinson on one side of the bracket while Shawn Daivari battles Mike Bennett on the other side of the bracket.
Quote:
In the build-up to their AEW Full Gear match, Eddie Kingston has railed against Jon Moxley for selling out and leaving the Independents behind.

Kingston believes that when Moxley left the Independent scene to sign with WWE, he didn't stick to his guns and didn't do enough to boost the Independent scene during that time.

Speaking to TSN, Kingston elaborated on his beef with Moxley.

"I’m not going to forget where I came from,” Kingston said. “When I go on Twitter and see a guy from the independents doing something different and cool, I’m going to tell people about it. One of my main problems with Mox is that he didn’t use his popularity or social media with all of his followers and everything to put over places that he used to be at or people he used to run with. So I still have that outlaw, independent mindset. To me, that’s what AEW was built on. That’s why I think I would be the perfect champion for them because I have the outlaw spirit, just like [AEW executive vice presidents] the Bucks, Kenny [Omega] and Cody do. They did things their way and now look where they’re at.”

Would Eddie have "sold out" the same way Moxley did if he had signed with WWE a decade ago?

"No, because knowing me, I would have gotten fired three minutes in if I went when Mox went,” Kingston said. “Again, this is why I have a little bit of beef with Mox, because he started playing the game. I probably would have, at that point in time and especially at that age and what was going on in my life, gotten fired three minutes in because I wouldn’t bend. I wouldn’t have bent like he did.”

Kingston had an offer from WWE following his appearance on AEW Dynamite when he answered Cody's open challenge, but took AEW's offer instead.
Quote:
Maven’s memorable Royal Rumble in 2002 was a roller coaster even before the match had begun.

Speaking on The Bump, Maven spoke about how he was approached about going to Atlanta, where the pay-per-view was taking place. Maven figured he would be in the Royal Rumble match but didn’t know he would be eliminating Undertaker.

At first, Maven thought it was a rib on him when Shane McMahon told him about the spot.

“I got the call literally the day before. The day before, they called and said, ‘You’re going to Atlanta.’ That’s where the Rumble was. I flew out the next day, no clue what was going to happen. At that point, I’m not an idiot, I knew I was probably in the Rumble, but I knew I would probably come out, get a quick pop Tough Enough was going to get and then I would be thrown out and got rid of as soon as possible. When I got there and they called me to the ring, there was Shane and ‘Taker. They called me to the ring and at the time, I’m terrified. I’m the rookie, young, in my 20s and here I was with Shane McMahon and with Undertaker, scared to death. Then he tells me, ‘Maven, you’re going to go out there and eliminate [Undertaker].’ I thought he was completely joking. I thought it was the rib of the century. Well then, ‘Taker turns, looks at me and says, ‘Are you effing kidding me?’ At that point, I wanted to run. I just wanted to leave. ‘Taker had his hands with what was going on that day. He helped my career more than anyone on that single day,” Maven said.

In regards to the aftermath, Maven said he and Undertaker had somewhat of a bond where Undertaker would acknowledge and respect Maven from that point forward.

“He was happy. From that day on, me and him kind of had a bond. He always gave me a smile, that little, ‘Hey kid’’ look and let me know what I did, he was satisfied,” Maven said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesportster.com
It looks like one of the released talents who jumped to Impact Wrestling from WWE is already leaving Impact. His future remains unclear ...

EC3 didn't stick around with Impact Wrestling for very long. According to reports on Wednesday, the creative but somewhat controversial performer is already leaving Impact Wrestling after just a short period of time with the promotion.

Fightful Select reported today that EC3 has finished up his limited run with Impact Wrestling for the time being. He joined the promotion after the numerous talent releases from WWE and it was with great anticipation that fans were wondering what he might do next. It appears he'll be sticking with ROH for the rest of the year, but beyond that, who knows?

The creative former WWE star is consistently posting videos suggesting people create their own narrative and it looks like he's taking his own advice to heart. He's not gone to AEW like many might have expected he would, and he's not sticking with Impact despite a number of former WWE stars finding a good fit there. He's certainly not returning to WWE. He's marching to the beat of his own drum.

There’s no word yet on if he's got a plan to jump to AEW or if he's had contact with Impact about returning at some point down the line, but it sounds like the door is open. Fightful did say that there is buzz he might create a new project separate from any major wrestling promotion.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote