View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #4077
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Yah, no idea why they would do that.
Have they been planning this for a while? I only ask because of the news that 56% of gamers don't buy games.

I have little perspective on the firm that did the study. All I really know is that when one of their analysts said EA and Blizzard would have to court the casual market sooner or later, the Escapist forums were all "This is a crock of shit!" And when this hit, the tone switched from dismissal of the firm to "OMG! ONLINE PASSES WILL SAVE GAMING!"

It's not like Michael Patcher, where you know where he stands. On a hill of bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasney View Post
Which also includes PSP's and Vita's for those games that can also be used on the handheld, so it can only be tied to 2 Sony systems in it's entirety. You have to call Sony to deactivate systems.
Oh wow, that's fucking stupid.

Seriously, I could certainly see 5 PS3s being unnecesary, but 5 devices off two generations, two of which are portable?

And I've never really got the "You need to call to deactivate" thing. I don't know, I like Amazon's system where I can just go and deactivate my devices. I wouldn't mind calling to deacvtivate something if I was more likely to not wait 30 minutes just to talk to a real human. If they're going to make me interact with a machine, at least make it a computer so I can finish in ten seconds....

Much like Sascha's love life.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote