Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #735
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
The dishonesty lies in pointing out one year and calling it a trend. We're also 4 years removed from the highest rated Super Bowl of all time. If I had pointed that out as a "trend" 4 years ago (clearly the decline of television started much more than 4 years ago) then I assume you would have called that ridiculous.

The 3rd highest rated NBA finals game of all time happened a year after that. If I'd pointed that out as a "trend" 3 years ago, then I assume you would have called that ridiculous.

The World Series... Well, yeah there's not much to say about that. People don't care about baseball like they used to.

Also, quit trying so hard to distance yourself from "direct comparison-making". You literally just compared the percent of WWE's decline to the percent of other major television staples. You're participating in the direct comparison making whether you deny it or not. lol
Not at all. The trend exists all over all of television. each network is down in annual views over a 5 year span. Its everywhere and the networks themselves, whi entire profit structure for 30+ years has been based off Neilson, are all acknowledging this. If you want to gloss over that so be it but when CBS drops neilson altogether because THATS how useless they view them you should take notice.

And I've objectively not directly compared them expect when i specifically directly compared and acknowledged that accordingly.

TV has no future and this is a mainstream concept wrestling fans are stubbornly refusing for some reason.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote