View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #40
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight View Post
Why would you need a movie version of what is already effectively an interactive movie?
No need, only the want. I want this to go down. The franchise doesn't need anything like this but how about... Expand recognition? Invite a broader audience to the world of Metal Gear? Condense the mythology into an accessible movie experience? General reasons for adaptions like these. The boon is you somebody who gives a damn, and many of these videogame movies don't even have that going in.

I mean, you're documented being critical of the series to begin with (like just now) - I'd think you'd appreciate an attempt to... 'localize' it in a sense, as Kojima's quirks would most likely be regulated to quick fanservice while the broader (western friendly) themes such as patriotism, lone heroism, action (stealth and/or balls out), nuclear threats, and conspiracies would be expanded. Your gripes about the series would surely be toned down for a western audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXer View Post
There is just no way he can condense all of that story and still make it effective in a movie. None.
Which is why you don't try that. Did they cram Resident Evil 1-3 in the first movie? Which videogame movie tried that? None. Why? Because it's silly. Of course they'd go either one game at a time or better yet craft a different continuity altogether.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote