View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 12:06 AM   #21
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I will say that there is one glaring omission now: a story recap.

I mean in the sense that there is a massive compendium of demons, characters, abilites, shards, items with descriptions, moves, etc., that you can look up anytime you want... but you get any clues on where to go next for actual game progression, and you only get access to those exactly once. You don't remember what was said or accidentally skipped the dialogue? Tough shit, better go find a walkthru or stumlble blindly.

I may as well invest in raw strength: I found another fuckoff sword, and this one even has variable slowness with a charging swing and is full of clockwork. Kinda made me think of Cloud's "Advent Children" sword. No word on if there are other swords nesting inside, though.

Even after finding a particular ability and figuring out how to reach even higher places, I still find that Dragon Shoes combo surprisingly helpful... to an extent. My problem with both of these things has less to do with the game and more to do with my levels of sucking at fighting games. Some of this is difficult for me in particular to get donefluidly since I also suck reliably pulling this stuff off in Street Fighter or what have you.

It's sort of like my initial experience with Portal on PC, where I could see how to solve rooms, but they were harder than they should have been because I can't mouselook to save my life. Once I played this later on console(s), I was able to navigate through the game way more efficiently through the sheer use of gamepad instead of mouse.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote