View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 02:33 AM   #98
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I feel you. I so badly wanted to be an MLW mark but the lack of consistency and certain roster choices have made me care less and less. IDK there is just something about MLW that doesn't "feel right". Where as NWA on episode one had so much more going for it. The nostalgia, huge aspect of that. The production was d o p e, from the entrance video to the in-between screen edits... commentary all of that. Promo's are better too.

I go back to MLW from time to time but haven't finished a full show with my full attention on it since probably April.

Actually I think that with AEW, NWA, and Impact someone is going to get "forced out" and I'm looking at ROH or MLW. I don't know if either are in a "bad way" financially, but I can't imagine ROH isn't on a finanical lifeline with Sinclair. I can see MLW doing okay because they can draw a crowd and sell merch and have a tv deal that pays them.
Hmm, MLW seems to be doing fine, but there are sometimes reports that things are "tight." Sinclair can keep ROH alive for as long as they want to, but maybe they won't want to? I've had a feeling that it could get sold for some time now. I just don't know how TNA keeps surviving.

I liked what I watched in MLW, but it just feels a little "inconsequential." What NWA Power did, either intentionally or just subconsciously, was make their little corner feel important and worth being invested in.

MLW had guys I really liked -- Jacob Fatu is a fucking star, baby. But it made me think "I want to see those guys somewhere else."

I want another billionaire to come along and unify the MLW, Impact and ROH rosters and have a serious rasslin' alternative to WWE. To me, AEW is the sports entertainment one with some good pro-wrestling mixed in on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
If it’s always “this time” though, then what’s the point? If everyone is main event level then there isn’t really a main event. You need midcarders for there to be main eventers, lower carders for there to be midcarders, etc.
Yeah, I don't mind things being competitive some of the time, but I feel that everyone at every level gets exposed. I'd like someone going long to mean something again. I mean, you should really earn that privilege when you get to a level where people know you can do it.

I don't really care if guys plan out their matches and high spots and all that, but I've got this personal opinion, based on nothing professional obviously, that you should be able to call a match as a long as you can plan one. The only people who should be going twenty minutes are the sorts of guys who can go out there and work twenty minutes from scratch. There are too many guys who would get lost doing rehearsed shit and it takes the "art" out of it for me. And it does a lot of crowds too, because you can feel them getting burnt out, and it's because these are set pieces not wrestling matches.

I remember actually paying money for an EVOLVE show to give them a chance a few years back. I stopped watching and never went back. That's equivalent to a walk-out. I just...couldn't. The first three matches just had guys going back and forth and kicking out of everything. It all felt the same and nothing counted. It gets so fucking exhausting and there's no drama.

I know this is a pretentious rant, lol. It just seems obvious to me that everyone gets to see way too much of everyone's shit and that everything is the same. It could be a real shortcut to getting people over if matches went shorter, had a much more logical and reserved psychology, and the "cool shit" gets busted out for emphasis a lot more rarely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I would really like to know who is the target as far as TV networks? If MLW is getting enough money to sign workers to legit contacts from the really low level BeINsports then I wonder who would throw some money for the NWA to keep doing what they did at the first tapings? Viceland? They love wrestling there. That would be my pick.
Viceland seem to trust Cornette, and he's obviously got the ear of Corgan too. It's possible that BeIN might be interested in them too, or AXS or even Sinclair. But there were also rumors that Showtime was looking for "artsy" wrestling when they were in talks with AEW. This may not be aesthetically what they're after, but it might be worth a preliminary chat.

Corgan's got a pretty weird rep, doesn't he? Viacom are an entity that I can always imagine being interested in wrestling/music/a connection between the two. They've got Bellator. Maybe they give them a chance as long as Dixie Carter and/or Russo aren't involved.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote