Thread: NBA Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 02:03 AM   #1686
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
NBA's commish recently teased the league might consider the idea of having a hard salary cap in the future in order to have better league parity and also implied at not wanting another Cavs-Warriors IV NBA Finals series scenario to happen again.

Right now its a soft cap but with a stricter luxury tax than in MLB since its around $1 in tax for every $1 over the cap limit.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ryan-colangelo
Somehow, I feel like this is more because of the teams (or rather, the markets) involved rather than the happenstance itself. These aren't exactly two bandwagon teams. Golden State is one of four Cali teams - and they're not even the "premier" one - and had to claw themselves back to relevance even AFTER the Clippers did. And Cleveland has been a perpetual joke in pro sports for the better part of the last half century, so there is actually a generational gap where having something in contention is a relatively new experience.

If this were, say, the fourth year in a row of Lakers vs Knicks, or if Chicago did four in a row in their prime against the same Western team (I dunno, say San Antonio), I think the fans would still be a bit fatigued, but the NBA would be creaming themselves at the mere thought of all the ad revenue and ticket sales.