View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #3652
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
NNK 2 isnt nearly as bad as you make it sound Mantis. Its nowhere near the game the original was but I had a good time with it. I also disagree that the loot system is anything like borderlands.
I read a lot about it being too easy on launch difficuly and everyone was recommending the patched in Hard or Expert. Expert pretty much makes everything one shot you so I went for Hard mode, both up the drop rate as a trade off for being "harder" and as a result you end up never needing to buy or upgrade your gear but this means youre also heavily relying on RNG to get a drop that is actually worth equipping and you really need good gear or you will be getting one shotted anyway or doing chip damage. Combat was really disengaging IMO, not a fan of the system they went with, not sure if I would have enjoyed it better on vanilla.

It's an okay game, it's not great, its not bad but it definitely doesn't hold up to any of the other RPGs I've played over the past two years. It was a personal disappointment to me after the first game, glad you didn't have such a bad experience with it though. Maybe there is hope for Destor after all.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote