View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 01:23 AM   #35
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
There was always smoke to the fire. It was such an odd rumor to just make up re: the Khans.

I'd have agreed with you about AJ Styles until recently. I dunno, something in the zeitgeist has changed. Everything you've said about him is true. If he left now, Vince would probably never forgive him. But artists are artists sometimes, and he's 41 and thinking about retirement. If the Khans can come up with a very real money offer, it's not like he needs to work for WWE.

Nakamura is a similar boat. They've looked after him and I bet he's got a close working relationship with Vince. That being said, if he decided he wanted to stay in the US but didn't like WWE travel or his output there, he might choose to go elsewhere for more freedom, a reduced schedule, better health benefits, etc. I do think both he and Styles will re-sign with WWE for at least another cycle, but it is within the realm of possibility that Nakamura looks at his new WWE offer for two years or whatever, and realizes that he is exhausted and bummed out only 20 months into his main roster tenure, so he wouldn't even be half-way.

Gallows & Anderson leaving when their contracts are up would not be shocking in the least. But they might just take WWE for more money to sit around grinning at botch videos.

Finn and AJ have worked together. It's hard to really read these guys because the landscape and how they plug in is completely different. Balor is not young. If the Khans offered him a good chunk of money for two years work, maybe he would not be opposed?

Ziggler's a guy that I think lots of people think about leaving, but I'm fairly certain he just signed a new WWE contract. Sami really sounds like he wants to leave, but I can't see them willingly releasing him at this point.

Ryan Reeves is probably someone they've considered using, but I wonder if he really fits the aesthetic and the style of the promotion.

Oh I think AJ gets a reduced schedule when he reups, probably Orton's schedule in terms of dates per year, but even less house shows so he isn't off TV at all.

AJ leaving would be the only one that shocked me. I would be surprised if Finn left, but not shocked.

Shinsuke I only feel like he is staying based on things he said, otherwise he would be a front-runner for AEW to go after.

I could honestly see Ryback in a bodyguard/enforcer role with AEW. Play to his skill set and let the guys who can go have the good technical matches.

I also think it helps Ryback that he never showed up in Impact, so he still has that aura of "oh wow they got him to come back, AEW is different".

I just hope they don't bring in a bunch of guys that haven't done anything in 5 years just because, like when TNA had the Nasty Boys come in like they were as good as the Dudleys lol
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote