View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #221
Mr. Pierre
...Pierre

Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)
Just watched the show. Mixed bag for me.

-Tooth and Nail was an embarrassment. Scrap this and give Darby and Starks a short and effective opener.

-Bucks/JE was typical which isn’t a bad thing. Fun match and I like the arrogance of the Bucks throughout.

-Battle Royal was very good. Right guy went over.

-Sammy/Hardy stuff was very scary and not handled well. Seemed like Aubrey really tried here, but Matt, Sammy, Khan, and the Doc really fucked this one up. Thankfully by the sound of it that he’s going to be fine.

-Women’s match was also really good. Thunder Rosa has a lot of personality, which is much needed in that division.

-8 man tag was fine, but AEW needs to protect Brodie more. He just dominated Cody in 2 minutes. He shouldn’t be bumping around for low mid-card wrestlers. Everything was fine here except Brodie just shouldn’t have been in the match.

-Tag Titles was a cluster that fell flat for me. Just too much going on. They had a great story coming in, but these four also wanted to have the greatest tag match ever. So we have a tag team in turmoil, one guy may be turning heel, and then it’s also 30 minutes of working different body parts. The match just tried to be too much, if that makes sense. Not bad by any stretch, but a cluster.

-I was really entertained by the Mimosa Match. Loved it for the most part, although I would have had Jericho go over and take the bump into the OJ post-match, but whatever. Fun stuff here.

-Main event was excellent! A GREAT match! Loved the inside vs outside of the ring story, the arm work, the finish. It was awesome. Great main event!

Last edited by Mr. Pierre; 09-07-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Mr. Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote