View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #14
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
As enjoyable as Fortnite is, for me, it can be so frustrating at times.

A couple months back, playing the Xbox version, I was sniped in the hip with 100 HP and 100 armour and instantly died.
Another match, around the same time, I landed a headshot with a legendary sniper rifle and it did a pathetically small amount of damage. There has even been times, just last week, I've actually seen my bullets pass through the enemy's chest, though that was the Switch version so maybe something is up with that. I have seen videos about it on other platforms in the past, though.

RNG damage really ruins the fun. It should take a cue from Overwatch and have set damage. If McCree shoots you in the body at 50 metres, it will always do the same damage. No RNG saying it might be a critical hit or it might be mediocre.

Another cue they need to take from Overwatch is sound design.
If you're in a team game, you can't tell if the sounds you're hearing are allies or enemies. I've lost count of how many times I've had to ask "Is that you?" to a team mate when I've heard a noise.
In Soaring 50's, I'll hear a glider and I have no clue if that's a team mate or an enemy. The map's no good because all I know are team mates are near me, not if they're flying by me. Either allies should make no noise or they should be very distinctly different sounds from enemies.
I'm not an expert on this stuff, all I know is they need to make it clearer what's happening.

Rants aside, the games fun, overall. Wish it had a little more emphasis on the building beside the "build a cube or a ramp" strategy.

What about a mode where two teams are given a set time to harvest resources and build a massive structure to protect their core?
When time is up, each teams structure, previously unseen to the enemy team, is placed on a battlefield.
The two teams then attack each other and the opposing structure. First team to eliminate the opponents team or core wins.
That's a rough outline.

They also should implement the leveling up buildings mechanic in from Save the World. If you don't know, in StW you can upgrade walls etc from levels 1 (what you see in BR) to level 2 and level 3.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote