View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #11779
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Spiderman: Far From Home - 4/4

From the hilarious and satisfying take on the "Blip" and the age disparity it creates to the wealth of situational visual gags, the opening of this film is as strong if not stronger than any Marvel film. The interplay between characters and the rapport of the cast is the strength of every great film and this has as much realism in interaction as an Alexander Payne film stripped of the undercurrent.
I particularly love how Tony Stark has become almost a deity and his little message to Peter is just lovely stuff.

Samuel L lays it on very thick as Nick Fury and I'm not really into it so I kinda wish he wasn't involved and Cobie Smulders looks like death warmed up, but those are the only two minor quibbles I have.
Thankfully Martin Starr was there to take the edge off and Ned as usual provides comedy relief for the comedy relief.

I think Zendaya is decent enough but I was more impressed with the girl who played Betty, I think MJ has been underwritten to an extent so hopefully they embed the character a bit deeper into the next story because she should be involved more.

Mysterio kept me guessing, Jake Gyllenhaal has that wonderful ability to turn on a sixpence that great actors should but only a few do or can. I'm glad to see him back in a Blockbuster, just to show he can pick whatever project he wants.

I loved it.

Last edited by Seanny One Ball; 11-18-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote