View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #615
UmbrellaCorporation
All That Jazz

UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerF
You guys I would love nothing more tha the Pats to have to forfeit that win, but fuck, it is not that big of a deal

Well it is, and it isn't. I mean it is stupid or whatever but do you really think this was the difference in the Patriots winning 3 Superbowls and just being an average team?

And yes, Mangini knew about it, he apparently was the one who sent Jets security to confront the guy, so apparently this is nothing new

I dunno though, like stima said it's not like NFL coaches aren't the most paranoid people in the world, I'm sure there are a ton of fake signs and hints that don't mean anything, and obviously all the signs probably get changed every game. My guess is the Patriots were just looking for certain tendencies or some sort of reaction from the coordinator I dunno. Plus how do we know the Patriots are the only ones who do this? Come on

Also shut the fuck up RP, I can guarantee you there is somebody on the Colts who uses HGH. Probably 50% of the NFL uses HGH, but we'll never know
For reference:

This is a large image, but it's for research purposes.

Even so...I like the Pats. But if they were doing this, then yes, they deserve to be punished to the full extent. But anyone who says they're the only ones doing this is either horribly naive or horribly full of shit.

Plus I'm also inclined to say that knowing the plays doesn't change the fact that Brady can bomb the ball to Moss, or the fact that Maroney could take off and run the ball downfield at any time.

I'm sure there's a lot we'll never know about what goes on in regards to cheating within the NFL. If the Pats did it, by all means throw the book at them. But no one should sit here and claim that every single accomplishment they've had is because of cheating.

Even so, if you ask me, that picture of the cameraman looks pretty insignificant to me. And while it may look weird, one thing bugs me. With all of this, the Patriots are either totally innocent, or are totally fucking stupid. You'd think if Bellicheck was CHEATING, he'd at least not try to make it so blatantly obvious. The cameraman wasn't even covered up, and didn't even seem to be TRYING to hide. Food for thought there. You'd think if Bellicheck and the Pats wanted to pull something, they'd at least be more clever about it, but I still don't believe the Pats are guilty of anything.