View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #405
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I feel the need to clarify this:

* My legal opinion is that Enzo is not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't think I disagree with anyone here.

* My intuition tells me that this is a fucking mess, it's not all on the level, and Enzo is, to some degree, likely a piece of shit. I agree with Dale on this being a mess, but I think we disagree on our opinion of Enzo's reputation, because our intuitions tell us different things about this situation.

* Statistics are not evidence, but they do reflect an observable world and do imply that when a woman makes an allegation, you take it seriously and then cycle back to the legal position on whether or not there is enough evidence for it. This is where I disagree with #fan, because he seems to think that you do not take an accuser seriously if they have a history of lying or substance abuse. I don't think that's fair process.

The statistic that most accusations are not baseless is not evidence itself and does not mean you forego due process. You can investigate as if someone is telling the truth without judging the accused as if they were.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote