View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #409
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savio View Post
I don't take an accuser seriously when she has lied about rape in the past, bragged to her friends about sleeping with Enzo, "Faked a pregnancy" when someone broke up with her, and has insufficient evidence of rape.
And in this is a problem:

* Lying about rape in the past does not mean you are lying about it now. That's not something you can say with 100% certainty, just as people here are so evangelical about defending Enzo because it's not 100% certain he did it. The best predictor for future behavior is past behavior, yes, but as Dale and I mentioned earlier, people with messed up pasts are often more at risk; not less. It has nothing to do with the factual nature of what happened.

* Bragging about someone haven't sex with you, again, does not necessarily mean it was consensual. I wish I knew the name for it, but especially in young people, you see victims glamorize their abuse. It's "no biggie; happens all the time." "He's famous, it's cool." "I didn't say yes, but I didn't say no." "Yeah, it was fun, ha-ha-ha-ha, how cool that I got to do that thing, huh, huh?" It can take a while for the processing to occur. I AM NOT SAYING THIS DEFINITELY HAPPENED, IT WOULD JUST NOT BE UNUSUAL.

* Faking a pregnancy is irrelevant.

* Not all rape victims provide photographic and indisputable evidence of their assault to police for the convenience of an eventual trial, unfortunately.

But you go with what brought you to the dance.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote