View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 02:07 AM   #11
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post

I don't think The Shield was ever supposed to give them three tippy-top prospects.
And there is the issue in summation.

The Shield could have given them three "tippy-top prospects". Instead, there was a lot of squandered momentum and ill concieved focus. When Cesaro had fans with "Cesaro Section" signs and getting pops for a goddamn giant swing, they just rode right past that gift horse. They pushed Samoa Joe as far as building up this credible threat to Brock Lesnar only to have him job clean in the middle of the ring and drop his ass down the card. I already mentioned the Bayley thing. Nakamura should have been *the man* by now. Et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum.

WWE gives no hope. In fact, it actively crushes hope in fans who may be following even NXT. I remember feeling dread when, at the one Takeover, Velveteen Dream had "CALL ME UP, VINCE" on his tights, because that would have been a total monkey's paw for him (I have no comment about -ahem- current situations, not only because it has nothing to do with my point, but the roster has, among others, Seth and Drew, who also have been in trouble over their junk). In NXT, Undisputed Era, in spite of the dumbass stable name, have accidentally become the new Four Horsemen. And I say accidentally because when they were formed, WWE was still on the whole three person stable kick, and Roddy joined out of neccessity for an injured Bobby Fish. If Fish didn't get hurt, I'm pretty sure they would have just kept him as a singles babyface. Instead, he became the missing piece of a serendipitous puzzle. But the minute Adam Cole showed up on a main roster show for a match, all I could think of was a Paul Heyman impression of Vince McMahon: "But he's just so tinnnyyyy!!!"... not as a knock on Cole, but the fact that it is how Vince would see it. It's how he would see all four. They'd come in similarly to how they presented Asuka at her call up - with all this big deal and hype, but barely making it past anyone they've already established as jobbers.

For the longest time, it has been presented in WWE that getting behind anyone is a losing fucking prospect, because the company will ignore it. And they aren't doing jack shit to buck that trend.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote