View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #2911
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
One issue I've had with AEW is that too many people are presented as being on equal ground. Loads of their matches are "close" when they really don't have to be. Not everyone needs to be "in" every match.

Also I think people should stop selling offense from Marko Stunt. I know it's rasslin and I have to give in a little, but with him I just can't.
Besides post-show interviews for events, that might be another area where they borrow from NJPW in regards to match mentality. It does tend to make the power gap between the top talent and lower tier talent smaller during matches but at the same time, also don't run into the same situation as WWE where you have a huge chunk of the established roster that is utterly useless and dead weight in terms of appeal or care.

Stunt's style of work can be very hit-or-miss but tend to find him more enjoyable or effective when he's doing quick stuff or not being the real focal point for matches for stretches at a time.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote