View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:34 AM   #29
rockman725

rockman725 is pretty cool (5,000+)rockman725 is pretty cool (5,000+)rockman725 is pretty cool (5,000+)rockman725 is pretty cool (5,000+)
I wasn't going to chime in on this topic and leave well-enough alone, but maybe it's time to address the elephant in the room.

The biggest problem with this "Women's Revolution" is that it is not and I repeat, NOT, organic. It is being force-fed to the audience as something it really isn't. They (the media, including WWE) have taken the idea that women don't have power & voice (which is the furthest from the truth to begin with) and politicized it to the highest degree. That Evolution PPV was the first time I ever watched an event first-run and turned it right off in the middle. Even the crappiest PPVs from the past I had managed to sit through. Evolution was the political bus that didn't know when to pull over and park. If they treated that event the same way they did One Night Stand 2005, if would have been fine. But no, we need to do this hashtag crap and grandstand the program as if it was the greatest thing to ever happen in life.

When you continually parade something that most people with half a brain knows is complete B.S. then of course, the ratings will suffer. It is a lot easier now to turn off during the women's segments because a lot of it is the same premise over and over. The old days had women more for the entertainment part and not the sport part. Now, we are seeing more sport than entertainment. I don't think it is the only "reason behind the downfall" as you say, but it is Top 5 for sure. The sad part is that there are a bunch of women on the roster currently who can be entertaining but playing to the liberal politics with their so-called "character storyline" is killing all hope. I want to see the women on the roster be more about themselves and not act like political pawns to make the media crackheads happy.

Hate me if you want for saying this, but there are a lot of people who feel this way.
rockman725 is offline   Reply With Quote