View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #10725
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
I can also see this being shat upon by console fanboys if they release a model at the same price point or much higher, especially if they do not offer some sort of "1st gen trade" offer or something.
Jeff Gerstman over at Giant Bomb said on a podcast that MS had been planning on doing this iterative design with the 360. Something with Comcast or another cable company that said "Hey, here's your free XBox for doing a 2 year contract with us" and then at the end of the contract "Lock yourself in for another 2 years and we'll take that old 360 from you and here's a 360.2!" or whatever the fuck it would be and the only thing that held them back was IBM not really doing much with PowerPC anymore.

I can't even see that working. I can't see people upgrading their consoles as much as phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
Are 4K blu rays out in retail yet? I can see it as part of a big push in "Just buy this as your 4K player".

A very, very loose comparison would be the Xbox 360 eventually getting the HDMI port. Did the Elite have one at launch or were they all component in 2005?
Yeah, think they started hitting retail sometime this year. The Elite had the HDMI at launch. Only remember because Jeff mentioned it in that very same podcast. Other models didn't follow for a little bit.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote