View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #34
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by Waffle House

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post

MK II was something else man. I studied the sheet outta this game. I knew every move for every character, seriously. I wrote down everyone's complete move list to give to my oldest brother as he set off to Purdue. He would go on to win a few hundred dollars because he would use that list and practice. Liu Kang was his go to. Also remember a hidden "start menu" where Shao Khan and Kintaro would beat the shit out of the Accliamed logo. Think you had to hold in L+R and Start before turning on the power. I remember the Toasty dude, and trying to time uppercuts to get to the secret Ermac (?) fight.

Wasn't Noob Siabot, Smoke and Jade all in this one too, as secret characters?? Good lord MK II was legendary at the time.
Ermac wasn't in the second game, but Noob, Smoke, and Jade certainly were. Like I bemoaned in Rate the Game, I miss the days of secret characters and the mystique surrounding them instead of things being available at the swipe of a credit card. Deception got back to that, somewhat, with the insane steps you had to take to get Liu Kang as part of the roster.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote