View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:27 AM   #306
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I don’t know how cable operates in the US, but in Australia cable channels that show movies don’t usually interrupt them with commercials (that’s more a free network thing). If it’s the same in the US, being able to block out two hours on a Tuesday that you can sell commercial time to could be a grab.
It basically depends on the station. There's different "tiers" of service, but at this point, just about everyone has the 22/8 min ratio of broadcast to advertisements from free TV to most of your cable stations unless it is on a historically "premium" channel, like HBO, Showtime, or TMC, or strictly PPV. Even some non premium channels that used to not show commercials (like AMC or Turner Classic) have pretty much given up that model years ago, and have gone to interspersed commercials. A few channels even have this weird intermission-like 20 minute infomercial section mid-show instead, but I don't see how that works well when you lose viewers who go surfing for what else is on or go play on thier tablets and phones for that long of a break.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote