View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 AM   #1188
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Tanahashi/Jericho is another of my predictions for WK14. They were teasing that right away. I thought Jericho would get a bye on signing with AEW, but given that Omega has written it into his contract that he could work the shows, I could see him and Ibushi having a match, maybe over the IC Title?

Got a weird feeling that Nakamura is going back to New Japan too. They've done NOTHING with him in the period his contract is said to be expiring. That's got to be...depressing. He can't be feeling special. But he is...present. It makes me wonder if he let Vince know that he just can't do this schedule or be away from his mother in Japan for that much longer or something, and this is a "we'll let you work your dates and then you can go back" thing. Nakamura/Ibushi for the IC Title given Ibushi's been using the Boma Ye's would be cool too. But they can maybe get over that by Wrestle Kingdom and maybe put Nakamura against Sanada or something?

Jay White will be featured, and I kind of had him against Ibushi in my head if no one else comes in, but I can see him doing something "important," but maybe not the highest profile he's ever had next year. Maybe something with a Hirooki Goto or Tomohiro Ishii? Can see Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre, Jr. having a match at the show too.

* Okada vs. Naito
* Tanahashi vs. Jericho
* Ibushi vs. Omega
* Nakamura vs. Sanada
* White vs. Goto
* Ospreay vs. Ishii
* Suzuki vs. ZSJ

If that were the heavyweight singles portion of the card(s), it would be pretty fucking sweet. If a deal with AEW opens, you can possibly having Cody and The Bucks going after the six-man belts on a show. Oh, and Juice Robinson will probably be there.

I can't see New Japan breaking their CMLL deal, but I can see them working with AEW and just making sure none of their guys interact with AAA guys in AEW, or that they don't use the AAA guys in New Japan. Kind of like still being friends with your ex's friend.

Although, Cain Velasquez at a Wrestle Kingdom at a Wrestle Kingdom would be pretty fucking cool, provided he picks up the work.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote